Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hi All,

I recently attached a 1979 Velorex sidecar to my 2007 BMW f650gs. The side car came out of a junk pile and was lovingly restored to safe and usable condition. After some preliminary testing, it was removed for a while, but since reinstalling it on June 30th I have put just over 1500 miles on it, and am getting the hang of operating it with some degree of confidence. I will be leaving my home the last week of August to embark on a multi-week journey to the west coast. If all goes well the trip should end up encompassing 8 to 9 thousand miles. I just wanted to say Hi and alert you to the fact that I'll undoubtedly be asking a lot of dumb questions.

Posted : July 20, 2008 2:31 pm
(@Anonymous)

PM me when you are in Socal, maybe we can hook up. Good luck. sounds like agreat tripgreg

Posted : July 20, 2008 4:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Greg, Surprisingly, Wrightwood will be one of my stops. I have a son who lives there with his two daughters. I hope to take the Great River road north to Wisconsin, Hiway 2 across the northern tier of states to Washington, down to Tahoe where I used to live, then SoCal to visit three sons. I'm not sure of any of the timing right now, but will try to hook up with you as I approach that area. Thanks for the response.

Posted : July 20, 2008 5:29 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Sonny,
When you're headed west on US 2 into Washington, give a shout when you get close to Reardan just a little west of Spokane. We'll link up. Also watch your speed as you cruise through Lincoln County. Right Lonnie? ;>)
509-796-4850 We're out between Reardan and Davenport.

Posted : July 21, 2008 3:18 am
(@Anonymous)

Hey Sonny,
I'm in Lacey/Olympia. Give a holler if you're coming through and want to stop in or need anything. (Listed in the USCA book)
Tony

Posted : July 21, 2008 7:16 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Sonny,

So....aren't you going to admit that the sidecar is just so you can travel without the *huge* panniers with the "Wide Load" signs? 8^)

This is one high-miles rider, folks. How many so far this year, Sonny? 11,000 or so?

Welcome! (So head West, already!)

Posted : July 21, 2008 8:19 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Barb,

As it turns out, by the end of this week (or sooner)it will be 13,000 since January 1, and 30,000 in the past 14 months, the bulk of that without the chair. Even at today's gas prices, that's cheaper than any therapist. Heading west, perhaps even sooner than you might think.

Posted : July 21, 2008 9:13 am