Notifications
Clear all

New Ural stuff for 2022

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@al-olme2)
Topic starter

The folks at URAL are making some changes for 2022 and this is a video about them....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDY9lYOPFY4  

I hope you laugh as hard as I did when they listed the inclusion of a leather key ring as one of the improvements.  The stuff that made more of an impression on me were the little stuff like a proper tube port for balancing carbs.  The BIG deal is the addition of several forged pieces for things like brake mounts and the really big one, a forged aluminum front swing arm (with much bigger bearings) that looks really good.  No, you can't retrofit the new swing arm to your existing bike, the down tubes are very different.

Posted : August 20, 2021 10:39 am
(@2FLTC)

The one thing that impress me was they were able to pass the EURO 5 , with other company's not being able. They can't be to backwards. As far as the leather fob that's one step forward as other company's use to give you a gold fob and two keys now they only give you one key. I think it's better to give a little then take away more.   

Posted : August 21, 2021 2:25 am
(@peter-pan)

I am still not convinced about the way the wheel hubs are bolted flat to the spline flange for traction. I stick to my 2013 and just missed an offer for a 2013 Gaucho sold close to the great lakes. 2 weeks ago I was there near by.

Such is life. Now I get wet in CR again.

Posted : August 26, 2021 8:12 am