Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hello all,
I have been lurking here for quite some time and I figured it was time I joined. I have picked up a lot of good information here, and I'm sure I'll learn much more as time goes on. I first got involved with sidecars in the early sixties while I was in Germany. At that time I had a BMW R51/3 with a Steib sidecar. Over the years I have had three other rigs and I presently have a 1978 BMW R100S with a 2005 Velorex 562 sidecar. I will try to attach a photo of my rig, but I must admit I am more comfortable with a wrench than I am with a computer. I am looking forward to joining the fun here.

I just previewed this message and I haven't figured out how to attach a picture yet. I'll try again tomorrow. Everybody knows what a Beemer looks like anyway.

OK, i figured it out. Here's my rig.

Attached files

Posted : September 6, 2009 5:06 pm
(@Anonymous)

Welcome

Posted : September 6, 2009 7:38 pm
(@hdrghack)

Welcome and enjoy !!

Posted : September 7, 2009 3:28 am
(@Anonymous)

I too am new here. I've been a member for almost a year and never really checked out the online stuff.
I have a 76 R60/6 with a Sputnik. I too will try to post a pic.My son and I on New Years Day 09

Posted : September 7, 2009 4:43 am
(@Bob-Hunt)

Welcome all!

Posted : September 7, 2009 5:20 am
(@Anonymous)

Welcome on board and enjoy !
When I was young I also was owner of a BMW R 100 S for a while. It was an important experience in my biker carrier to ride this type of motorcycle.
Did you make any bike modifications before you hooked up the 2005 Velorex with the R 100 S ??
I await your fotos with interest.

Posted : September 7, 2009 10:15 am
(@Anonymous)

Welcome,

Lineman29 you almost had the image posted. The link you used was to the Picasweb page. You needed the address to the picture itself on that page. I fixed it for you.

Here's some instructions that were in Forum Help.
http://sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4470&posts=5&start=1

Posted : September 8, 2009 7:59 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi, I'm new here too, having lurked since spring. My rig is a new 650 Burgman with a Dauntless Kenda sidecar that was installed in June. I'm getting about 33-35 mpg on trips, with luggage and my passenger, our 65 pound Norweigan Elkhound/Char Pei mix. That is way less than the scoot got in the week pre-sidecar, but the fun of the sidecar more than makes up for the loss in mileage, and the fact that the Prince of Dogs can come along on our trips negates the mileage issue too. My husband has a 2006 MotoGuzzi Nevada and a 1974 Honda 350-4. The poor man is sidecarless, but he envies me sometimes so it won't be long.

Posted : September 9, 2009 9:33 am