Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hello. I am brand new, and am currently obsessed with the idea of a small, homebuilt leaning sidecar. I am graduating from a Honda Gyro threewheel tilting scooter/moped, and am looking to replicate that kind of secure feeling, with a faster, more roadworthy commuting rig. My sense is that a 150-350 cc scooter or street cycle should give me a comfortable "back roads" cruising speed of 55-70 (depending on the platform) and I am hoping to get some advice. Has anyone experienced something in this small format? I am willing to forget the "leaning" part if there is a simple, reliable homebuilt plan for a traditional rig, but I like the idea of making an Equa-Lean clone from salvaged parts. Thanks.

David Colpitts

Posted : May 15, 2006 3:22 pm
(@Anonymous)

welcome aboard , Dave!
I cant help nuch with the plans you need, but your idea of a 150-350 CC 55-70 MPH cruiser is a little out of sight. A 500-750 CC at least to get into the 65 MPH cruising range.
Remember.. a SC will cut your top end and cruising speed quite a bit. also gas mileage...but..it is fun !!

Posted : May 15, 2006 6:32 pm
(@Anonymous)

I agree, I think you need to be looking at the 1000 cc range if 70 mph is going to be obtained for any reasonable amount of time, under normal wind conditions.
my 2 cents worth,,,,,,

Posted : May 16, 2006 3:39 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi, David

Ever heard of the Armec sidewinder?
Maybe you got some ideas from www.armec.com and look for the armec sidewinder.
I,ve seen it and it is a beautiful and fast sidecar.

Greetings,

Ingmar

Posted : May 16, 2006 8:51 am