Notifications
Clear all

Need Struts.

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@big-tom)
Topic starter

I have a CSC Friendship 2 and the struts will no longer hold up the top. Can I source them from NAPA or are they a CSC only item?

Do they come in different strengths? That top is real heavy to raise. My wife cannot do it.

Also the Latch clicks when I push the button but will not latch the top down... Is there a shop manual for this Hack?

Posted : January 10, 2021 8:00 am
(@big-tom)
Topic starter

OK I got the Strut answer. Pretty easy 2 for $30 on Amazon.

Posted : January 11, 2021 2:09 am
(@al-olme2)

Tom,

Take note of the "strength" of the struts your are ordering.  I bought a pair of struts for my EML sidecar hatch based on the collapsed and extended length without taking note of the exact spec for compression weight.  I ended up with struts that were so strong that I couldn't shut the hatch. To add insult to injury, the garbage/recycling guys wouldn't take them away because they might have oil inside them.  I had to make a trip to the hazardous waste site and pay to leave them.

The reorder for struts with the correct compression weight worked a treat.  'Bolted in and worked perfectly.

A

Posted : January 11, 2021 5:37 am
(@big-tom)
Topic starter

Al, new struts are the same Manufacturer and part #. Hopefully they have not changed since 2005.

Posted : January 11, 2021 6:32 am
(@al-olme2)

Tom,  'Glad to hear that you're smarter than I was ;^)

A

Posted : January 11, 2021 6:47 am
(@big-tom)
Topic starter

Al, wish I could take credit. That info came from "Drone" over at Adventure Riders.

Posted : January 11, 2021 9:20 am
(@big-tom)
Topic starter

Struts arrived and I installed them yesterday... What a pleasure not having to prop the top up with a broom stick.

Now that my fingers wont get crushed I'll be able to work on the latch to get it to grip.

Posted : January 15, 2021 3:20 am