USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Need Struts.

I have a CSC Friendship 2 and the struts will no longer hold up the top. Can I source them from NAPA or are they a CSC only item?

Do they come in different strengths? That top is real heavy to raise. My wife cannot do it.

Also the Latch clicks when I push the button but will not latch the top down... Is there a shop manual for this Hack?

OK I got the Strut answer. Pretty easy 2 for $30 on Amazon.

Tom,

Take note of the "strength" of the struts your are ordering.  I bought a pair of struts for my EML sidecar hatch based on the collapsed and extended length without taking note of the exact spec for compression weight.  I ended up with struts that were so strong that I couldn't shut the hatch. To add insult to injury, the garbage/recycling guys wouldn't take them away because they might have oil inside them.  I had to make a trip to the hazardous waste site and pay to leave them.

The reorder for struts with the correct compression weight worked a treat.  'Bolted in and worked perfectly.

A

Al Olme Minneapolis, Minnesota

Al, new struts are the same Manufacturer and part #. Hopefully they have not changed since 2005.

Tom,  'Glad to hear that you're smarter than I was ;^)

A

Al Olme Minneapolis, Minnesota

Al, wish I could take credit. That info came from "Drone" over at Adventure Riders.

Struts arrived and I installed them yesterday... What a pleasure not having to prop the top up with a broom stick.

Now that my fingers wont get crushed I'll be able to work on the latch to get it to grip.