Notifications
Clear all

Giving it another go…sidecar

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jeffrey-withrow)
Topic starter

Long time back sold my 2012 royal enfield FI 500cc bullet with Kozy sidecar.  Saw a used 04 yamaha v star 1100 with Velorex 563 side car.  Guess one should ask for close up photos before doing a six hour round trip lol.

It has more rust pitting then I can shake a stick at though in the end purchased it anyway…it just felt right.  Even though I was only allowed to ride it on dead end street plus other side street or two and only got up to say 30mph.

The v-twin engine felt nice and like the colors plus side car is in very good shape.  Will see if I keep it as a ‘rat’ bike sidecar or try to change out bits of chrome here and there.  Need a good Yamaha user forum and source for used parts plus learn what years overlap.

Know this engine will have enough power vs my prior Royal Enfield single.  The photos on the site make it look prettier then it is, at least chrome wise 🙂
Ride safe all

https://honda-kawasaki.com/Motorcycles-Yamaha-V-Star-1100-Classic-2004-Fort-Pierce-FL-f1210b44-2e6e-4a47-8726-adb200ea0205

Posted : October 20, 2021 2:43 pm
(@aceinsav)

Jeffrey good deal on getting back into the sidecars the rig does look nice hopefully it won’t be too much work to clean up the chrome bits. There is a decent forum for the Yamaha’s it’s a bit slow but Tank is very helpful and willing to share his knowledge you may want to look into beefing up the clutch pressure plate as that is a weak link on the Yamaha bikes Good luck with your new rig and don’t forget to add pictures we like pictures 

Posted : October 20, 2021 3:23 pm