USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Baja Mexico mini-rally 2023

Wonder how many USCA members would be interested to attending a one or two day rally down in Baja Mexico next February or March, 2023? Leave your trailers in southern California if needed and ride south. 

Offering camping on the beach or motel, cook out, crystal clear lagoon waters, warm temps, inexpensive food and drinks, maybe even work in a whale watching side trip.... 

Entering Mexico to Baja is easy and uncomplicated, same for returning to US afterwards. 

Tell me, what do you think?

If enough are interested, will try to organize the event.

CCjon

Count Aurora and I in!

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

Seems several years ago there was a sidecar gathering in Baja called Brass Monkey. Anyone here remember it?  Did you go? 

What are your suggestions to have another Brass Monkey Rally in Baja California, destination Mulegé and surrounding area. The most beautiful little bay beach area in all of Baja is near Mulegé. Also old missions and whale watching/petting in San Ignacio.

Love the idea and timeline suggestion, but school year is difficult for us. Otherwise it sounds fabulous!

CCjon

That sounds like a good idea. We would possibly be able to make something like that. J.R. & Avanell

CCjon

The Brass Monkey has been over the Presidents’ Day weekend for ( I think) 49 years . This year was at Cottonwood Cove, Nevada. Next year 2023 ,the 50th, is in Gila Bend AZ. The location for the next years rally is decided at the current year’s gathering. It has been in Mexico before and last year was going to be in Baja, but because of the COVID, it wasn’t.

CCjon

Thanks George, was misinformed. Was told the group stopped going to Mexico, thought it was disbanded. 

How does one get information about the Brass Monkey gatherings?

Would still like to gather down in Baja near Mulegé next February or March, for those interested. Do not wish to conflict with the Gila Bend gathering though.

socalsidecarclub.com. I will have info at the TURDSE spring fling. Some of the So Cal club are also USCA.

Thanks George, will contact Alex. 

Unfortunately will not be at the TURDSE Fling, am in California getting a Russell RDL seat for the Goldwing.