1 Users
6 Likes
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

Β 

Urals Parked

The Ural Club of Cuba is asking for bits and pieces to keep their old discarded military kick-start rigs running. If you have any parts lying around that you know would fit those old machines, could you donate them? I am going back there in January, taking an extra suitcase of just parts. Due to the weight and size restrictions, sorry, no engines, transmissions, or frames.

Also, any extra metric tools you might have would be appreciated. Last year, I cleaned out my shop of all excess metric tools and took them to Cuba along with 40 new LED headlight bulbs. The 50-plus members of the club were all smiles when they received those tools, even if they were not new. The club members agreed to share the one old Craftsman torque wrench after everyone claimed it.

The Cubans are resourceful at rebuilding old American iron and are doing the same with these old Russian Urals. But once worn out, some parts are not rebuildable.

As a club, they give back to the community by carrying supplies to hurricane-hit areas, hosting parties for and giving sidecar rides at the orphanage, etc.

Please consider donating what you have to these guys. Contact me for more information,
or mail any metric tools and parts to:
Jan H. Daub
USCA President
16518 Empire Gold Dr
Cypress, TX 77433

president@sidecar.com

Leave a message at: 361-813-7374

Β 

Or bring what you can donate to the USCA National Rally, June 6-9 in Iuka, MS. Save on shipping.

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago 4 times by CCjon

Posted : May 4, 2024 9:38 pm
Michel (Mike) Lavallee, sheath, Brstr and 1 people reacted
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

If interested in seeing more about the Cuban Ural Club, here is a posting from my blog in 2023 when I first met them.
Β 

Posted : May 5, 2024 11:28 am
FlyingMonkeys and sheath reacted