Notifications
Clear all

BMWK100RS and Vetter sidecar

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@craig-mckay)
Topic starter

I hope everyone here is well. I have completed the rig and made the adjustmentsΒ  after nearly 500 miles of test riding and adjustments encompassing about ten individual rides. I am currently following all the advise and expertise gleaned from several publications about riding and setup/adjustments to my rig. At first run I was exhausted, but as I got the adjustments dialed in and my riding style refined I started to enjoy the ride and was not so sore and tired at the end of a 100 mile ride. For an absolute newby to this sport, sidecar ownership, I am especially thankful for the info from the forums and the instruction from the printed material that is available for the proper setup and operation of a rig. I have been out of work for the last three weeks and looks like another three or four, so I will use the time on good weather days to practice my riding technique. I have attached a few photos of the rig taken last week during one of my proving rides. It is my hope that all of you fine people can weather this storm and come out on the other side happy and healthy. A special commendation to Jay at DMC for the excellent fittings for my rig.Β Β 

Posted : April 13, 2020 7:27 am
(@craig-mckay)
Topic starter

files too big to post, resized photos, hopefully they wll work.

Posted : April 13, 2020 1:32 pm
(@don)

That is a very nice looking rig.

Posted : April 14, 2020 4:10 am
(@aceinsav)

congrats on your new set up, that is a good looking rig and very nice match up.

Posted : April 14, 2020 4:35 am
(@85shadow)

Glad to see you out and about. I followedΒ  your rebuild over on the Vetter forum.

Posted : April 15, 2020 3:41 pm