2015 Monumental USC...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

271 Posts
46 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I occurs to me that some of you have been trying to make a copy of the registration form to send to me - rather than use PayPal. There is a way online and will be a way when the next Sidecarist comes out.
The online method is:
1) Log on to sidecar.com
2) Click on the rally heading at the top of the home page. You will be directed to a page with info on the rally.
3) At the top of the page there is a link the says "Register for the Rally". Clicking on this will get you to a page which is the electronic registration form.
4) At the bottom left of that page is a link to the PDF for the registration form. (If you don't have a Adobe Reader click on the icon just below and download Adobe reader.)
5) Click on the link. This will bring up the registration form. Send this page to the printer and fill it out.

I hope this helps.

Posted : February 18, 2015 5:57 am
(@Anonymous)

Hey guys,get the registrations coming in. Rally host can use all the help they can get. Will and Harold have a super rally planned out. Something for all to enjoy. Lots of different rides games, etc. Some of old farts might just like to take it easy and enjoy the good company. Others might like the overnight ride planned. Understand there will be rides with leaders as well as on your own rides. All the good planning in he world goes to waste if people don't show up. Remember,a rally is as good as you make it. Stay home and miss all the fun or come on to Sturgis and be part of the fun.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep

Posted : February 18, 2015 6:38 am
 Loon
(@larry-poco)

Will, my registration is on the way. Have a couple friends also planning on attending, but they are not USCA members at the present time. The question they have asked concerned the Membership/Rally package. Rather than provide possible wrong information I would just like to confirm the "package" contents.

Posted : February 23, 2015 9:07 am
(@Anonymous)

The way I read the info. is the rally package can be purchased at the gate. This should save you $10 over buying a membership and rally fee sepearately. Will, if this is wrong,please let me know.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep

Posted : February 23, 2015 10:03 am
(@Anonymous)

Thanks for the question Larry.
The intent of the package is to allow non-members to join at the rally and receive a package deal. For $79 a person can register and become a USCA member. (Add $10 for an associate.) This is how it works. $35 - USCA membership plus $59 for nonmember registration. Regular price $94. Package price at the rally - $79. This only applies to non member, walk-ons at the rally.
If anyone wishes to join before the rally and pre-register the costs would be $74 (USCA -$35 plus $39 preregister for rally.)
Any paid member adult that comes to the rally need to pay $39 if pre-registered ($49 after May 31st–firm). Children 13-18 are $20 (No discount. Covers the costs of having them attend.) Kids 12 and under are free.
Example:
Non-member register and Join USCA - $69
Associate - $10
Adult Associate - $39
Total - $118

T-Shirts are $15 (small- large) and $18 (Xlarge and larger)
Thanks, Larry, for forcing me to think this through and put down in black and white.

Posted : February 23, 2015 10:52 am
(@Anonymous)

Others have expressed confusion over my example and explanation. I re-read it and confused myself. I made a few small modifications and if others are still confused let me know. J.R. is right except that it is $15.
The rally package is designed to make the rally (more) inviting to the non-member who wants to see what we are all about.

The intent of the package is to allow non-members to join at the rally and receive a package deal. For $79 a person can register and become a USCA member. Add $10 for an associate. This is how it works. $35 - USCA membership plus $59 for nonmember registration. Regular price $94. Package price at the rally - $79. This only applies to non –member, walk-ons at the rally.
If anyone wishes to join before the rally and pre-register the costs would be $74 (USCA -$35 plus $39 preregister for rally.)
Any paid member adult that comes to the rally needs to pay $39 if pre-registered ($49 after May 31st –firm). Children 13-18 are $20 (No discount. Covers the costs of having them attend.) Kids 12 and under are free.
Example:
Non-member register and Join USCA - $79
Associate USCA Membership - $10
Adult Associate Rally Registration - $39
Total - $128

T-Shirts are $15 and $18

Posted : February 23, 2015 1:40 pm
(@Anonymous)

And there is another thing. Of the pre-registrations that I have received many have not included their USCA membership number. When you fail to include your membership number I can jump to the conclusion that you should send more money because you aren't members - yet. Now I am pretty sure some of you are members but that box is blank and my records are incomplete. OK - I'm having a little fun at some peoples expense but that box was on the form for just that reason.

Posted : February 23, 2015 1:53 pm
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

Let's see if I can add to the confusion. Go to the Home page and hit the National rally link. Then Hit the red Rally registration. At the bottom of page "one" of rally Registration you can print a rally registration form. You can use the printed form as a work sheet or mail it with your check and you are preregistration. OR if you want to complete Online go to page "Two" and find the fees you entered on your work sheet. Then Go to page "Three" and finish PayPal.

There is no associate member line on the printed page and I don't remember if it was on page 2. If one member of the family is a member every one is a member as far as the rally is concerned. If members of the family wish to vote in the election of officers they need to be associate members. Does that help? Harold--- trying to be a snowbird in Arizona

Posted : February 23, 2015 5:09 pm
 Loon
(@larry-poco)

Will, thanks for the help & info. I will pass the information along.

Posted : February 23, 2015 11:05 pm
(@tx2sturgis)

Ok...dumb question here.

What exactly does the rally package include, vs just showing up at the event?

Posted : February 24, 2015 5:13 pm
(@Anonymous)

A non-member shows up without pre-registration and wants to join USCA and attend the rally they get the package. It is actually a better deal to join and pre-register.

Posted : February 24, 2015 5:30 pm
(@al-olme)

A USCA rally usually includes morning coffee, rides, games, awards and a dinner. This one will also include a Blue Grass Festival. The fee covers the activities and meal and it goes to pay for the costs associated with renting the venue and conducting the activities. In this case it also includes the Blue Grass event.

Posted : February 24, 2015 5:39 pm
(@tx2sturgis)

Al Olme - 2/24/2015 9:39 PM

A USCA rally usually includes morning coffee, rides, games, awards and a dinner. This one will also include a Blue Grass Festival. The fee covers the activities and meal and it goes to pay for the costs associated with renting the venue and conducting the activities. In this case it also includes the Blue Grass event.

I was under the impression that the Bluegrass festival was occurring coincidentally at the same campground. Or will they be checking wristbands or passes to attend?

Reason I ask is I plan to pay the rally fee, but my friend will be attending and since he will be on a two-wheeler, and he doesnt drink coffee, it may not be a convincing argument to him.

Thats why I was asking.

I'd hate to force a friend of mine to pay for something he will not be using.

Posted : February 25, 2015 3:50 am
(@Anonymous)

Your impression about the Bluegrass Festival is correct. We have worked out an arrangement about the two events and the wristband thing.
Your friend is more than welcome though on 2 wheels. We hope that our congenial group will cause him to want to join us and maybe even attach a sidecar to his 2 wheeler. It has happened to many before.
Al's summary is a small and incomplete list of the things that will be available at the Monumental Rally. The fee includes a ticket to the Bluegrass concert, 2 meals and a great deal of good conversation and wonderful scenery. We are going to have a ride to Mt Rushmore for a group picture. (Parking at Mt. Rushmore is not included -$11) There is so much more to say about the wonders of the Monumental Rally - but I'm really prejudiced. This thread has a thorough description of the facilities and the events.

Posted : February 25, 2015 6:25 am
(@BiscuitsNGravy)

I got my new Jan/Feb Sidecarist two days ago and today I mailed my registration to Will "Rally Guy" Short. I know this will be a "Monumental Rally". Last time I was in the SD area I attended a two-wheel rally based out of Custer, SD. A great place to ride and the views were classic! Just like me. Anyway, I'll be at Elkview Campground a day early so if you all need some help doing anything, please let me know. This is going to be fun!! BnG

Posted : February 26, 2015 11:37 am
Page 8 / 19