2015 Monumental USC...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

271 Posts
46 Users
0 Likes
(@don)

Thanks for the reminder about booking lodging in advance, Harold. I had done some online motel shopping last month but hadn't pulled the trigger on one yet.

Posted : January 16, 2015 7:01 am
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

This could be interesting!! What do cross-country scooters look like? They plan to do lunch in Keystone on the same day that we are planning a photo-op at Rushmore. Keystone is 2 miles down a 10-11 % grade from Rushmore. If they plan to view Rushmore it would be fun to watch the little scooters go up that grade.

Posted : January 16, 2015 7:34 am
(@96flgeez)

jwshort - 1/15/2015 10:27 PM

Hi gpers:
The registration will start when the next Sidecarist comes out. (I am glad to know that the question is coming up.) There will be a registration form in the magazine and 2 forms on line - an internet version and a .pdf that you can make a hard copy of and mail to me.

Can we come, if we don't have a sidecar yet?

Murphy would love the trip.

Cranky.

Attached files

Posted : January 17, 2015 8:31 pm
(@1sheepdog)

The scooter rally will be a great group to meet, they are fun loving bunch of rider from all over the US, with a major case of Iron Butt. They will be riding scooters 50cc up to the Maxi 650cc, with a class for early vintage motorcycles under 500cc. While not a race, some 50cc riders will be pushing up some mountains while the fuel injected 650cc guys will be flying, some of the MAXI scooters easily run over 100 mph. Can't imagine riding a 50cc scooter across America max speed 35 mph, now that's one tough biker :-0

They are hoping to get a some one to run a scooter with a sidecar.

Yes they drink beer!

Cheers,

Marty

Posted : January 17, 2015 10:07 pm
(@dirtydr)

I ran into a Vespa rally in Moab one year, interesting group of people. One of them was running a YZ250 engine in his vintage Vespa and said he could do better than 80 mph on the highway with it.

Posted : January 18, 2015 6:05 am
(@wingincamera)

My wife has wanted to see Mt Rushmore, so we are going. It wasn't difficult to talk her into it. Made reservations at the Best Western in Deadwood, which according to our maps is about 30 minutes from the campground. I know there is a Best Western closer, but this will allow the oil to warm up before stopping at the rally. My wife likes Best Western, I haven't used my tent since we were married.

Because of some other planned stops we will be leaving our little dog at home. Now we have to get our house sitter lined up. 🙂

Posted : January 18, 2015 11:44 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi All:
Whoever asked the question - Yes you can come if you don't have a sidecar. We would hope to infect you unless you are already infected and just between rigs. In that case we consider you inoculated and will soon return to to the eccentric society. Say - Cranky - What is that a picture of? It sure looks lopsided to me. Anyway - Yes you can come on 2 wheels. In fact I went to the Beaver rally in a minivan because of circumstances.
Will - There is a best western in Sturgis - just 5 miles from the campground. Al Ohme is already reserved there.
Thanks for pics of the old Vespas. I have a blue P200e like the blues ones in the picture. I am looking for a sidecar for it but haven't found one yet.

Posted : January 18, 2015 12:26 pm
(@Anonymous)

Avnell called the Elkview today. They are not taking reservations until April 1st. Just thought I would let everyone know. Hoping to see a lot of people there. Will and Harold have been doing a lot of work to make this a super rally. I think Stu posted a while back about the reservation policy,but I wanted to refresh your memories.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. Rep.

Posted : January 19, 2015 2:19 pm
(@Donmystic1)

I made reservations at the Best Western in Sturgis a couple of weeks ago.

Posted : January 19, 2015 2:35 pm
(@wingincamera)

jwshort - 1/18/2015 5:26 PM

Hi All:
Whoever asked the question - Yes you can come if you don't have a sidecar. We would hope to infect you unless you are already infected and just between rigs. In that case we consider you inoculated and will soon return to to the eccentric society. Say - Cranky - What is that a picture of? It sure looks lopsided to me. Anyway - Yes you can come on 2 wheels. In fact I went to the Beaver rally in a minivan because of circumstances.
Will - There is a best western in Sturgis - just 5 miles from the campground. Al Ohme is already reserved there.
Thanks for pics of the old Vespas. I have a blue P200e like the blues ones in the picture. I am looking for a sidecar for it but haven't found one yet.

A few years ago we didn't have a sidecar but I had mentioned to my wife. She had to give up her Goldwing because of physical problems. She was not liking the ideal of a sidecar but agreed we could check out a sidecar rally in Lake Chelan that year. After a few rides in different sidecars it made a believer out of her. She found out she loved riding three wheels and the rest is history.
Check it out,

Posted : January 20, 2015 10:57 am
(@tx2sturgis)

Well the vacation request is in...

🙂

Posted : January 25, 2015 4:36 pm
(@ricmachado)

Looking forward to go... never visited this part of the country.

If anyone is riding from TX maybe we can plan and ride together,

Posted : January 28, 2015 5:15 pm
(@nole82)

I'm not sure what my touring plans are other than riding through the Colorado Rockies in June. I'd love to extend a few more days and join this, my first sidecar rally. I've ridden through the Black Hills and would love to go back.

Posted : January 28, 2015 8:25 pm
(@Txart)

ricmachado - 1/28/2015 9:15 PM

Hi

Wife and I plan on riding up there from Brazoria Tx ( south of Houston). As of now, we have made no plans at all except for maybe riding US 83 all the way up there or maybe go into Colorado first and then to the rally.

What are you riding?

The trailer in the picture was bought from someone in Canyon!!!!

Art

Posted : January 29, 2015 7:56 am
(@ricmachado)

Txart - 1/29/2015 12:56 PM

ricmachado - 1/28/2015 9:15 PM

Hi

Wife and I plan on riding up there from Brazoria Tx ( south of Houston). As of now, we have made no plans at all except for maybe riding US 83 all the way up there or maybe go into Colorado first and then to the rally.

What are you riding?

The trailer in the picture was bought from someone in Canyon!!!!

Art

Hello Art,

I'm riding a sportster with a custom sidecar. not sure if I'll have the wife, daughter or anyone with me... probably I'm going alone (maybe they follow on the car). No set plans yet as I was just looking yesterday. I was thinking about taking my time riding there, but still waiting on some confirmation on how many days I'll have.

Posted : January 29, 2015 8:51 am
Page 6 / 19