Notifications
Clear all

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

271 Posts
46 Users
0 Likes
(@circuit-rider)

WinginCamera - 6/17/2015 7:06 PM

We might travel the Going to the Sun highway in Glacier National Park if it opens soon.

Of all the places my bride and I have traveled in this beautiful country the Going to the Sun Highway has got to be near the top of our list.

Attached files

Posted : June 18, 2015 4:10 am
(@Txart)

WOW -- impossible this summer but there is always next summer

Posted : June 18, 2015 6:28 am
(@dirtydr)

Looks like we are heading out early Tuesday morning and should be there Tuesday afternoon.

Posted : June 21, 2015 7:13 am
 Jim
(@jimdeja)

Ginger looks great! lol 🙂

Posted : June 21, 2015 9:50 am
(@Txart)

We heading out Monday am and hope to be there Thursday pm...

Posted : June 21, 2015 1:18 pm
(@johnb1953)

The wife and I are leaving early Thursday Morning is about 400 miles away. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends.

Posted : June 21, 2015 4:20 pm
(@Txart)

Little bit of sad news from South Texas --- I was idling the rig as we were ready to mount, the engine died --- something appears to be wrong with tranny and/or Mamba reverse -- anyway, it would take more than a day to fix and we would start counting Tuesday as all shops are closed today. So the rig ain't going but we is ---- heading out in the SUV in a few .... I have recorded the Harley and will play on stereo as we ride in the hills 🙂

Posted : June 22, 2015 9:50 am
(@hdgypsyman)

I just sent a private message to Will Short to see if I can attend the rally and pay on site for dues and rally fees. That weekend has opened up for me and I'm only about 500 miles away in Southern Minnesota. I would leave on Thursday after work and make partway there. Roll in late Friday morning.
Mike Anderson from Southern Minnesota
2005 BMW R1200GS/Dnepr sidecar

Posted : June 22, 2015 11:01 am
(@don)

Art, I'm sorry to hear of the breakdown. I recall seeing your online registration.
Mike, Ya, youbetcha, come on out. I know Will is prepared for some walkins.

Posted : June 22, 2015 6:45 pm
(@Anonymous)

Don is 100% correct. We are ready for walk-ons. The more the merrier. The camping space is hardly tested yet. If you need a Motel you might have a problem - but there are cabins not far away (Exit 34). WELCOME!!

Posted : June 23, 2015 7:09 am
(@johnb1953)

Well Gang I have the pickup loaded and hooked to the popup and the wife and I will be heading out in the morning. I don't have a sidecar (yet) but wanted to ride with everyone so I loaded up the old trusty 1978 Yamaha SR500 in the back of the pickup. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning about sidecars. See you tomorrow afternoon. John

Posted : June 24, 2015 5:23 pm
(@nole82)

I am very sad to report that my beloved Valkyrie/Hannigan super sport , after a valiant effort, broke down at a campground in the mountains outside of Idaho Springs, CO. It seems that something went wrong with either the starter or the gear reduction unit attached to it. Being three miles up out of the way with little time to spare I have decided to fly home to NY, then drive back with my trailer to bring the stalwart but ailing Valk home for repairs. My meeting with so many sidecar enthusiasts will have to wait for a better day. I know that Dave Keesee will be there. Please send him my regards, also to you, Will. I apologize for this late note but there was absolutely no communication possible at the campground. I am writing this note at the Denver International Airport waiting for my (now delayed) flight. Regards to everyone,
Leon Hilfstein

Posted : June 25, 2015 5:43 am
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

Sorry about that Leon. We are here at the Campground with enough of our closest friends to have a good rally. It is raining and The rally doesn't start till this evening. The rain will quit, more will come , the sun will shine for the weekend and we will miss you. What do you want us to do with your rally fee and did you order a Tee Shirt. We have told others that we will ship the Tees to them after the Rally. Harold

Posted : June 25, 2015 7:25 am
(@Kenny-Wasserburger)

After last weeks attempt in the hills riding, and just getting home from physical therapy, I am still not up to a soaking and getting me and camper too the rally, please keep the fees and one day soon, will met up with you guys and pick up that cool tee shirt. Just too much to deal with after this injury.

Kenny Wasserburger

Posted : June 25, 2015 7:45 am
(@nole82)

Please keep the fees. I would have gladly been there but for a possible broken starter or damaged statrer reduction unit (or maybe worse) while staying well up on a mountain near beautiful Mount Evans in CO. I don't remember if I ordered a shirt. right now I've returned to New York and will begin the trek back to retrieve the hack right after completing an oil change and securing my trailer. I will miss my very first rally but plan on future riding.

Posted : June 26, 2015 12:38 am
Page 14 / 19