Clear all

Vespa Sidecar wheel hub help!

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@stollerscoot)
Topic starter

Hello fellow enthusiasts!

I am desperate for your help. I purchased the attached vintage Vespa and a sidecar & frame years ago. the scooter and sidecar were restored and paint matched. I have tried everything and have been unable to find a solution for the sidecar's wheel.

The sidecar frame has a 3/4" (19-20mm) diameter spindle which is 3" from the shoulder to the bottom of the threads and a total of 4" long. I have attempted trailer wheel hubs as a solution, but it doesn't work. I thought I had a solution from Scooterworks in Chicago which carried a sidecar wheel hub that would fit on the spindle, but the total length of the hub is 4-3/8" high so it won't work.

I've considered cutting the spindle and replacing it with a different spindle, but I have to believe there is a solution out there. I think that the sidecar frame is from a Harley Topper (see last image), but not sure.Β  Any assistance is so greatly appreciated!!

Josh

Posted : July 4, 2023 11:26 am
(@miles-ladue)

Josh, have you tried contacting Mark, at Florida Sidecars ????

He may, or may not, have what you need, but he most likely will have an answer for you about what it is you need.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : July 4, 2023 5:54 pm
(@stollerscoot)
Topic starter

Thanks Flying Monkeys. No, I am unaware of Florida sidecars. Their website doesn’t seem to work. Do you have contact info?

thanks

Posted : July 5, 2023 1:11 am
(@miles-ladue)

Josh, are you joshing me ?

I got the website to work perfectly fine:Β  Β  https://florida-sidecar-products.com/

Don't just peruse the website....CALL Mark, and talk to him.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : July 5, 2023 3:29 am
(@stollerscoot)
Topic starter

Yup,

got it now! thx

Posted : July 5, 2023 3:53 am