Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Unknown Sidecar

Hello everyone! I recently acquired a sidecar with 2 Suzuki Burgman AN650's. I'm trying to figure out who makes it as there is some work that needs to be done to it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've only been able to find one other one just like mine but it was on Copart with a scooter with no additional details. 

Some of the issues are: seat pan is wood and rotted, wiring is done with trailer 4-pin disconnect, the fender is messed up from I'm assuming the rider using it to lift up, the light is busted and there is a decent crack on the edge from a rider pushing up on. 

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
CCjon, smitty901 and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonsmitty901FlyinMonkeys

Ron, have you carefully inspected the sidecar FRAME to see if there is an ID tag, that could name the manufacturing company?

Different sidecar companies put that ID tag in different locations, so search the entire frame.

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon
Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

I'll have to give the frame a better check then. I didn't see anything the first time. If I don't find a tag, what would my best options be for this unit?

Watsonian made a sidecar like this, it was also copied here in the USA, been a long time since I have had to answer questions about these. One version had 2 indents in the nose, the other three. My guess is yours is the USA one due to the frame. These I am told were advertised often as just bodies with adds in the back of magazines such as popular mechanics and may have been sold as a "universal".  One clue which I could not make out in your photo would be the bolt pattern on the wheel and size of lug nuts. If it is a 4 on 4 inch with 1/2 inch lug bolts, these would be trailer specification parts as such lend me to think it is a made in the USA sidecar body with a homemade frame. The Watsonian, would have smaller diameter bolt circle and smaller bolts holding the wheel on. However, like I said, it has been a very long time since I have worked with these, at least 20 years as such I likely have some of this wrong.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon
Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Looks like a fun worth while project. Nothing you listed sound all that serious to tackle.

Keep us posted.

FlyinMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyinMonkeys

This sidecar may have been built by International Sidecar Corp in St. Paul, Minnesota in the late 1960's.

SwampFox and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxFlyinMonkeys
Sidehack05 1999 H-D FLHR with Champion Legend Sidecar

I agree, I could not remember the name "International"

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30