The Famous "Rotohak" is for sale!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@webmaster)
Admin
Topic starter

[Bob Pelikan emailed me and asked if I would post this for him.Β  Jerry]

"I am the owner of Rotohak, the rotary-powered BMW sidecar. I am 85 now and not using it much so I want to find a new home for it. I’m willing to make a smoking deal to the right person. It runs well and still looks good. I won’t sell it to someone new to sidecars - too much HP for a newbie."Β 

"Rotohak is a unique machine and riding experience. It takes some getting used to even for a seasoned sidecar rider. Cruising down the highway at 65 MPH is easy and can be done with one hand on the bars. But under hard acceleration, because of the offset drive wheels it pulls to the left, especially when the front wheel gets light. Once you get the hang of it you automatically compensate and it's no big deal. There are a few other quirks that I'll be happy to discuss with any potential buyers.

"As to the price, finding the right home for it is more important than the money. I'm open to suggestions here. We live in Half Moon Bay CA, 30Β  minutes south of San Francisco.Β  I can be reached by email at bobpelikan@comcast.net or by phone or text on my cell 650 seven seven 3 255 five.Β 

If you have not heard of Rotohak before, it is a BMW K100 frame with a lot of R1150RT body parts, but most significantly, it is powered by a 325 hp rotary twin-turbo Mazda Cosmo engine.Β 

Here is an article about it:Β 

Rotohak – 325hp Twin Turbo Rotary Engine Sidecar

And here is a Youtube (1:21 min): Rotohak at 04 BMW Rally

(Remember you can click on a pic and see it larger and in a slide show)

Jerry
I fly (and ride) to free my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de Saint-ExupΓ©ry

Posted : November 2, 2023 7:49 am
(@aceinsav)

Wow that is one amazing looking machine. Good luck finding the right home for it.Β 

Posted : November 2, 2023 8:30 am
(@jimbosidecar)

Well, I'm definitely the right guy for your rig, but more than likely I don't have the right wallet for it. I'm a retired professional race car driver, sports cars and IndyCar. I've been building sidecar bikes since I retired, around 200 sidecar rigs to date. I was the engine supplier for a LSR holding sidecar rig as well. But it was diesel powered, naturally aspirated, stock bodied and under 1000cc. Bottom like the record we set was 101 mph. My present daily rider is a Triumph Rocket III with a Kenna sidecar mounted on it. Your bike is just too cool for words, and like I said I probably don't have the wallet for it. But just in case...

Regds,

Jim Bryant

www.bmwsidecar.com

Posted : February 11, 2024 12:06 pm
(@tiger71tiger)

I remember seeing this in magazines when it was fresh built. it is still way cool

Posted : February 14, 2024 8:54 pm