USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

SOA Wheel

Hello, new member.

I have a Spirit Eagle sidecar and the wheel is rough. I thought I read somewhere a wheel that was a great replacement but do not remember what. A Buell front wheel maybe?
Does anyone have a tip?

This depends on which wheel you have and what diameter the axle is. They were not all the same. If this is the cast 16 inch wheel, I do not have answers, they were a wheel designed for trailers and are known to fail as they do not take lateral loads. If it is a 16 inch motorcycle type wheel many of these the rims were over sized making it hard to seat a tire on the rim. If it happens to be a wheel on a 1 inch axle you have a few options using trailer type hub and wheels. If it were me and you have the most common 16 inch wire wheel I would send the wheel to a good wheel shop. We use wheel master in Aubrun WA and have them lace the original hub to a good quality rim using quality spokes. I doubt you will find a motorcycle wheel that is narrow enough for the short axle on this sidecar. If you do you may find that it is an old wheel that ran a drum brake. Keep in mind that it also can not be larger or wider and still fit under the fender.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

http://www.dmcsidecars.com

866-638-1793