Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecar film or bra

Will confirm today though thinking a bike I am looking at has a velorex 563 tub (trying to learn the lingo here).  The bike is a 2004 Yamaha v star 1100 with less then 500 miles on it, sat in a garage for 10 years since wife did not want to ride it so the story goes.

Will go test ride it tomorrow.  Does anyone here put protection film on their sidecars or a bra? Worried a bit about rock chips on this new sidecar.

Still like the looks of the Urals though too much $ for used 2019 and up models.
Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

That is a great looking rig. Someone did a very nice job with the paint theme.

Have not seen sidecar bras though an upholstery shop could made you one. Quality film would be a better fit on the contours of the tub plus seal out moisture.

After sitting that long, watch for leaking rubber seals and gaskets when warmed up and running.

I had a bra on my Motorvation , just keep in mind the bra will damage the paint over time from the wind making it rub 

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
USCA # 8913

I have to say that's a nice looking rig. I agree with bras they do damage the paint over time. 

Excellent looking outfit, definitely go with protective film.

Thanks all, old age…forgot I had put the bra question on this forum thus did a new post just a bit ago saying I purchased it…rust pits and all and believe me she has more rust then I could count.  Though that sidecar, to me, looks ‘old school’ and I sort of dig it.  Checking Uship for pricing to get it to my place soon from dealer.

Thinking I will go bra less…yeap…if a babe had typed this sentence we would all be like ‘…photo or it did not happen…’.

Here was the link to the bike purchased
https://honda-kawasaki.com/Motorcycles-Yamaha-V-Star-1100-Classic-2004-Fort-Pierce-FL-f1210b44-2e6e-4a47-8726-adb200ea0205