Notifications
Clear all

SECO sidecar

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bills-bucket)
Topic starter

My search continues. Somewhere in this world someone knows 'the rest of the story'.  My quest for more history into Roger Spalding sidecar co. has  reached a wall. The Lubbock, Texas local news paper reports no records of SECO opening or closing of the business. No advertising, no personal stories.  I have reached out to Spalding Sporting equipment, Rogers Grandfather produced baseballs first mit and played on one of the first pro teams, I was told.  I have not heard back. I am asking you the manufacturers of todays quality sidecars where should I look, that I'm not looking, for the info I seek. A quality manufacturing company with molds, welding gigs, supply resources and trained personal should not disappear into the sage brush of West Texas. IF my sidecar IS #588, I must wonder where are it's 587 brothers and sisters? I have bothered you and many others with my request for historical information to no end, If might be time to call in Scully and Molder.  ( X-files).  Anybody?

Posted : March 7, 2024 7:07 am
(@miles-ladue)

Quote from Bill Cook on March 7, 2024, 12:07 pm?.......?....... A quality manufacturing company with molds, welding gigs, supply resources and trained personal should not disappear into the sage brush of West Texas. 

Bill, the sage brush of West Texas  hides a lot of  history,  and bodies.  In fact, Judge  Roy Bean was well known to make  "things" disappear in  West Texas.

Have you  checked with  Kent Silk,  at Texas Sidecar Company.  Although  he's  in East Texas,  those Texans like to  stick together,  so maybe he can help you  find the  info you are looking for. 

Okay,  Bill, on a serious note,  I  too  just  did a  deep  search for  Seco sidecars, and spaldingside.com

Here is my very  strong  recommendation....contact  Dave Hannigan,  at Hannigan  Sidecars,  and talk only to  Dave Hannigan,  as he is  truly a  historian of all things related to  Sidecars.  I  spent  5 days  there whilst  they were  installing the new  Dream sidecar  to my bike,  and every day  Dave would  share olde school  info  about  the  history of  sidecars. 

Call Dave Hannigan  !

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : March 7, 2024 7:40 am
(@bills-bucket)
Topic starter

Mr. Monkey: I do appreciate your stories, adventures, and the way you write.  Thank you for the leads re: seco. As soon as I hit send with this post reply, I'll call Kent and Hannigan. I would like to keep you informed of the  progress of this quest I'm on.  You do seem to have an interest. 

Mr. Monkey is a good handle, but .... I want to be respectful

Bill

Posted : March 7, 2024 8:28 am