Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Pups in Tubs

Thought I would start a new thread, hopefully one isn't already out there. Shows us your Pups that ride with you.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
SwampFox, MGV8 and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxMGV8CCjonAceinSavsmitty901Reardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheath
Dennis P. Spokane WA USAF Retired 1996 Harley FLHTCUI with Liberty Sidecar

Payton's dog loves the sidecar she will jump in and hide in if she thinks it going somewhere. If you are working on the bike she will sit in the tub until you are done waiting on a test ride.

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, AceinSav and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxAceinSavReardan TomDennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeyssheath

The first pic is of our longest riding bud Fritz, in this pic he is reduced to riding in a carrier while I was getting the new sidecar ready to install

Next up is Pepe, he has been on every trip we have been on since he was a little pup of about 12 weeks. here he was helping me play one of the sidecar games at Sturgis Rally 

Then comes the big Girl, Mia, this shot was on here first ride, she was in training. she is just about too big to share the seat anymore 

We have 1 more, our newest rider but I don't have any pictures of her yet 

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, CCjon and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonsmitty901Dennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeyssheath
USCA # 8913

Quincy (left) and Arrow (still learning to wear the Rex-Specs without lens). Both enjoy riding on my wife's lap.

Uploaded files:
SwampFoxCCjonAceinSavDennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeyssheath

Keep an eye out for Spokanimals "Riding with Rover" in July. Right now I'm not sure of the exact date but it will be around the second weekend. A great run. And of course you know about Sit, Stay, Ride, the story of America's sidecar dogs....

First photo is Rick, my old riding buddy with Buddy, his co-pilot.

Second photo is me and Petey. Same day. That was a great ride....

Uploaded files:
CCjon, AceinSav and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
CCjonAceinSavDennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeyssheath
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

Archie was one in a million and my first sidecar sidekick. The veterinary photo was his very first ride ever. We rode the Ural a couple years and knew there was no going back so I ordered the Liberty for the FLH. Archie had as much fun riding with a group of bikes or riding in a rodeo. He was up for anything and just one of the guys if we were hanging out. He was a biker at heart. He met Jean Davidson twice in his riding career. And she remembered him!

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, DRONE and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxDRONECCjonAceinSavDennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeyssheath
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

I love how Archie leans into the turn with you in that photo, also explains why the bike was so dirty when I picked it up. LOL

SwampFox, CCjon and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonReardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheath

I agree, it was dirty when you got it. I rode it much, and didn't clean, polish, and wax enough. Had a bit to do with where we live. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.... lol...

Uploaded files:
CCjon, Dennis Peabody and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
CCjonDennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeyssheath

1: This was taken by the owner of a doggy daycare one morning , when I was dropping off Ryder. She posted it on Instagram titled "Too Cool for School".

2: He was a little nervous on our first ride

3: He was vocally approving very soon thereafter

Uploaded files:
CCjon, AceinSav and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
CCjonAceinSavsmitty901Reardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheath

Here's my boy Wilton.  (aka)  "Sidecar Willie".

Uploaded files:
SwampFoxCCjonAceinSavReardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheath

Sylvia was practicing in an abandoned parking lot. When she parked I let go of Oakley's leash and she ran and jumped into the sidecar.

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, DRONE and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxDRONEAceinSavsmitty901Reardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheath

She is really getting used to being a monkey.

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, DRONE and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxDRONECCjonFlyingMonkeyssheath

M-N-M (Monkey no more) watches her chiropractors dog once a week. Last night I got home and he was at the house. We had his harness and it had a loop at the bottom of it so we decided to take him for a ride. After getting him in and several treats he was comfortable in the sidecar and was not startled when the engine started up. We road in the driveway back and forth (Small driveway) and he did good. SO off to the road we went and he acted like he had done this a thousand times.

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, CCjon and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonThane LewisReardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheathSamuel Bexon

So Oakley Smudge turned 2 on Sunday and Sylvia wanted to have some fun with it. Here are a few photos of the day.

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, CCjon and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonAceinSavThane LewisReardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheath

Finn (on left) and Elliot geared up and waiting in the shop while a pop-up thunderstorm rolls over. 

SwampFox, DRONE and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxDRONEspatCCjonThane LewisReardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheath
Kevin - Team Pterodactyl's Montana Outpost Silver City, Montana

Glad you started this thread.  When I did a search, the newest I could find was six years old.  So this is great timing! 🙂

Adele (Super-Muttress) is an 11 year old German Shorthair Pointer (GSP), and just starting her time as a monkey.  She's very laid back, and biddable.  We've been doing goggle training, and some short fun rides getting her ready for next years camp-out adventures.  She is right at the AKC minimum standards for size, and fits the sidecar perfect (old Dneper).  next rig will have a larger cockpit, as eventually there will be another GSD in our life. 🙂

Added a panel to cover the door opening for a bit of security, and fastened the leash to come up from the seat mount in the floor, so in case of accident or sudden swerve, she stays in the tub.

Pictures are:  * Super-Mutress ensuring the tub fits her needs.  *Fighting off nap time on the way back from Pup-Cup Haven.  *Goggle training on a willing monkey.  * Her best impression of "Kilroy Was Here."

Uploaded files:
CCjon, Drew and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
CCjonDrewReardan TomFlyingMonkeys

Miss my old hack buddies but now have another great hack pup

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, CCjon and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonAceinSavThane LewisDrewReardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheathDave BrakebillTim Lankins

Petey and I on our "other" ride back in the day we still had options. The '03 Anniversary edition Dyna/Spalding rig I purchased from Lonnie Cook before cancer took him from us. Too many friends gone too soon.

Uploaded files:
DRONE, UralD and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
DRONEUralDDrewsheath

As of 1o days ago I have new riders.  We went to pick up a 8 week old Pomeranian. After Payton's dog dies a while back we felt it was time she would she the new puppy as a new dog and not Summer.

We have a family member that is a Large animal vet but he oversees a couple of breeders. He hooked us up.

We drove over to pick the Pup up. As you will see in the picture sometime did not go as planned.

Meet  April and Prince. They will be riding.

Uploaded files:
DRONE, AceinSav and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
DRONEAceinSavThane LewisDrewReardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheathBrstr
Quote from smitty901 on January 1, 2024, 5:56 pm

... Meet  April and Prince. They will be riding.

Similar thing happened a couple of years ago with one of our sidecaring families down this way.

Looking forward to stories and pics. 

Reardan Tom, FlyingMonkeys and sheath have reacted to this post.
Reardan TomFlyingMonkeyssheath
Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300