Clear all

My present to me.

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Steve Ives
(@none)
Topic starter

I decided that after 6 years of fighting and for the most part winning a battle with Stage 4 Cancer it was time to do something different. So sidecars caught my eye and having ridden them 40 plus years ago i thought mmmmmm i wonder. One thing led to another and through some unlikely circumstances I ended up buying a 1995 Honda Goldwing GL1500 SE with a Champion Sidecar from a gentleman in New Mexico who himself bought it from Varn Cummings who still had this outfit listed after it was sold about two years ago, its still there =) It was in fact due to a phone call he made that i was able to buy his old outfit, so thank you Vern for giving this old fart a big silly grin!! It is going to take a while for me to get comfortable, its a big bugger for sure but that's ok it will be me and pup doing some traveling as i rebuild my stamina and physical mobility.

Click on the pics for a full size slideshow. 

Walk with Joy
Steve Ives

Posted : January 11, 2024 10:49 am
 Drew
(@andrew-baker)

Steve -

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of sidecars.

Glad your wading through the posts here led to finding a good one...and she's a beaut!

Ain't nobody gonna complain if you post a few more pics.  We're a voyeuristic bunch.

And - more importantly -  congratulations on beating back cancer.

Drew

Posted : January 11, 2024 12:35 pm
Steve Ives
(@none)
Topic starter

Drew your wish is my command oh esteemed and omnipotent one

Walk with Joy
Steve Ives

Posted : January 11, 2024 2:25 pm
(@reardan-tom)

Congratulations on the Wing outfit and good luck with the health issues!!

Posted : January 11, 2024 2:48 pm
(@scott-h)

Wow!  I saw this rig for sale and thought. OMG that is stunning!  Love the color combination, and being a Goldwing it will run forever. 

Looking forward to seeing pics with you bestie riding monkey.  There's a whole thread for inspiration.  Pups in tubs

Congratulations on a great score.

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : January 11, 2024 3:49 pm
 Drew
(@andrew-baker)

Thanks for the extra pics.  You did good, my friend.

PS. Never been called omnipotent before. 

Told my wife and she spit out her tea.  Brought me right back to earth.

Posted : January 12, 2024 3:16 am
(@miles-ladue)

Oh, and Steve, in picture # 2 posted in your first post above, that LEFT side mirror on the bike, whenever that mirror is folded backwards, it causes the red trim piece, and the rubber boot to disconnect from the fairing. That is a simple fix, just fold the mirror forward to where it should be, then re-clip that red plastic piece back onto the main fairing body until it feels flush and correct, then realign the black rubber boot to be flush and aligned all around.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : January 12, 2024 4:26 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Steve, congratulations on finding a great new-to-you rig. Beautiful...   Those GW 1500's will just keep going and going. Now to set it up to fit your needs and sense of style. 

Does it have an auxiliary fuel tank too?  A car tire on the rear?  If over 100,000 miles, have the belts been replaced?

CCjon

Posted : January 12, 2024 4:49 am
Steve Ives
(@none)
Topic starter

Hay Miles

Yeah i saw that and figured it out, i suspect the fit was not right when the windscreen was changed. Now to get the service manual out and check out the rattly bit. Its an original Honda manual. Looking at the history last night its amazing there is everything there =)

Walk with Joy
Steve Ives

Posted : January 12, 2024 5:17 am
Steve Ives
(@none)
Topic starter

Drew

I expect that is why i said it =)

CCjon

No it seems to have everything else =)

Walk with Joy
Steve Ives

Posted : January 12, 2024 5:21 am
(@miles-ladue)

Quote from CCjon on January 12, 2024, 9:49 am

Steve, congratulations on finding a great new-to-you rig. Beautiful...   Those GW 1500's will just keep going and going. Now to set it up to fit your needs and sense of style. 

Does it have an auxiliary fuel tank too?  A car tire on the rear?  If over 100,000 miles, have the belts been replaced?

CCjon

CCjon, yes.....the timing belts have been  replaced  on that  bike......I checked. !

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : January 12, 2024 7:27 am
Steve Ives
(@none)
Topic starter

Big bruvver is watching me =)

Walk with Joy
Steve Ives

Posted : January 12, 2024 7:54 am