Clear all

Lurker coming into the light!

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@panhead_kicker)
Topic starter

Hi all!

Been hanging around for awhile, decided it was time to say Howdy. Here's a view of my rig. 1969 Harley Electra-Glide and matching sidecar. Had it for about 4 years now.

Posted : November 13, 2018 12:24 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Welcome panhead, tell us how you use your classic rig. How many miles on it, where you been with it....

Who rides with you? Photos are a huge plus too.

CCjon

Posted : November 14, 2018 12:53 am
(@smitty901)

Welcome, That rig looks great. If you have a chance post some more pictures.

Posted : November 14, 2018 1:24 am
(@Anonymous)

Hello Panhead! Can't tell where you're from but if you're in eastern WA (slim chance) you should come check out the Northwest Classics Motorcycle Club. You'd fit right in. At least check out our facebook page....

Posted : November 14, 2018 2:00 am
(@Anonymous)

welcome pan head,

Love you profile pic of your cat.  I had one like that when I was little his name was peter O.......

Posted : November 14, 2018 3:33 pm
(@panhead_kicker)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'll scrounge around for some more photos. I purchased the shovelhead in 2012 and went over it pretty thoroughly that winter.

Posted : November 16, 2018 11:39 am
(@panhead_kicker)
Topic starter

I bought the bike with the intention of making it a sidehack. These old Harleys  are easy to setup for duty, with factory adjustable front forks. This particular bike didn't happen to have those parts, I acquired them separately and replaced the needed parts when I rebuilt everything. I ran the bike adjusted for solo operation a year while keeping an eye out for a sidecar. In 2014 I found the correct Harley factory sidecar, with most of the standard connecting hardware. It looked to have had a storied history (which I now regret removing). I went through the sidecar the same degree as the bike. (Make it mechanically and electrically sound, heck with paint)

Posted : November 16, 2018 11:59 am
(@panhead_kicker)
Topic starter

Quote from dave on November 14, 2018, 8:33 pm

welcome pan head,

Love you profile pic of your cat.  I had one like that when I was little his name was peter O.......

Lol Dave, I guess it was peter O'possum!

Posted : November 16, 2018 12:03 pm
(@chromepony)

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for posting......love vintage.

Posted : November 21, 2018 2:58 am