Notifications
Clear all

Florida Sidecar Course

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@masegraves)
Topic starter

I just finished a 2 day sidecar course taught by Saferide in Eustis, Florida. As a newcomer to sidecars, I'm really glad that I did. It was a great experience, and gave me a lot more confidence in driving a sidecar. I used their rig for the training, a Suzuki V-Strom with Velorex sidecar. My wife signed up for the course as well so that she could ride in the sidecar on the first day. The second day included some more advanced exercises, including flying the car, so passengers were not allowed. The instructors Paco and Rick were fun to work with and great at teaching all of the required skills in a way that gave me confidence and with safety primary. The course followed the Evergreen Sidecar/Trike Education Program. A number of my friends with sidecars recommended that I take a course before taking the leap into sidecar ownership. I'm really glad that I did. Starting in January, Saferide will be offering an advanced sidecar/trike course. I hope to be able to come back to take that one as well.

Mark Segraves

Chicago, IL

Posted : November 16, 2018 8:56 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Mark, thank you for that information. Can you provide contact information for the Eustis school? Am sure a lot of riders/USCA Members in the SE would be interested in an advanced course.

CCjon

Posted : November 16, 2018 11:40 am
(@smitty901)

Training is almost always a good thing even if you have been at it awhile.  Pass along all the information.

Posted : November 16, 2018 11:43 am
(@masegraves)
Topic starter

The link for Saferide in Eustis is: https://saferide.com/

Posted : November 17, 2018 4:50 am