Clear all

Eurowing & Hannigan Front Ends for a 2001-2017 Goldwing

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 K M
(@k_f_m_334)
Topic starter

Does anyone have either of these front ends?

If so, looking for feedback - pro and cons - worth the investment.

Ken

Posted : April 7, 2024 7:19 am
(@miles-ladue)

Ken, I happen to have that Hannigan 180 front end on my 2019 Wing, which is the front end you show in that 2nd picture. And...I happen to be buying a sidecar rig that is currently in Germany, that has the same front end on it that you show in the first picture.  The one I am buying in Germany is a Goldwing 1800 with an EML sidecar.

That first picture is a EML front end, and it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hannigan 180 front end on my '19 Wing w/DCT and a Hannigan Dream sidecar, I ordered that 180 front end more for the looks, thinking it was cool, or kewl.....but in hindsight I "may" have been better off with the stock width front end, still modified by Hannigan, and their latest modification on the Hassock front forks of the Goldwings (2018 and newer) is a taller block they weld into the raked front end, to LIFT the front end back up to original height.

Some folks, like our El Presidente'  @CCJon have an issue with the original way that Hannigan modified the Hassock front ends with the original width.

The front end loses height, and sags down. @CCJon is working on a remedy got that right now.

My 180 width front end has not sagged downward, but.....truth be told....I would like for the nose of the bike to be 2 to 3 inches higher. Not sure how we are going to remedy that with this 180 front end.

Stock width front end on the left, in Silver, and my 180 front end on the right, in Black.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : April 7, 2024 8:49 am
(@ned)

The yellow BMW GS is owned by Davefran who is a member here.  He posted a few pics from an early Spring ride just last week.

The previous owner, Duncan, posted a number of good photos of it when he sold the rig last summer ---->

LINK TO FOR SALE POST

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : April 7, 2024 2:59 pm