Skip to content
1500 Goldwing and F...

Notifications
Clear all

1500 Goldwing and Freindship 1 width please.

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@calvin-watson)
Topic starter

Can someone please tell me how wide the rig is. I just got this Friendship hack for my 89 1500.  I'm getting ready to unload it off the trailer. I have a single car garage with stuff along both walls. It just dawned on me this thing may not fit when put together,,,lol. I might have to to a major rearrange which will not be easy as I have no place to go with the stuff,,,lol. 

Thanks

Posted : November 17, 2022 6:46 am
(@aceinsav)

Cal

there isn't really a set width for your rig but you should not have any trouble getting the rig into the garage as long as it is the standard 8' wide door or opening, it might be a little close depending on how you set it up. on my 1500 with the Motorvation FII and with my 1800 and Friendship 3 they both fit in my standard garage and both of them are wider then the Friendship 1. as long as the stuff on the walls don't extend the opening of the door you should be good 

that is a nice looking F1. do you have any of the mounting hardware or are you starting from scratch. the good news is you don't have to have a subframe for the 1500. 

Posted : November 17, 2022 7:05 am
(@calvin-watson)
Topic starter

Quote from AceinSav on November 17, 2022, 12:05 pm

Cal

there isn't really a set width for your rig but you should not have any trouble getting the rig into the garage as long as it is the standard 8' wide door or opening, it might be a little close depending on how you set it up. on my 1500 with the Motorvation FII and with my 1800 and Friendship 3 they both fit in my standard garage and both of them are wider then the Friendship 1. as long as the stuff on the walls don't extend the opening of the door you should be good 

that is a nice looking F1. do you have any of the mounting hardware or are you starting from scratch. the good news is you don't have to have a subframe for the 1500. 

Ya. I think I got a sweet deal on it. I'll start another post on it. But right now it's getting ready to snow and I gotta get this thing off the trailer,,,lol.

I have a counter top on one wall, and a sandblaster, air compressor, and parts washer on the other. I have 7'2'' inbetween. It's gonna be tight for sure.

Posted : November 17, 2022 7:35 am
(@aceinsav)

Wow,,, that is going to be close for sure, if you're not ready to start putting it together you could do what I did, leave it on the trailer and cover it up good until you start putting things together 

Posted : November 17, 2022 7:44 am
(@calvin-watson)
Topic starter

Quote from AceinSav on November 17, 2022, 12:44 pm

Wow,,, that is going to be close for sure, if you're not ready to start putting it together you could do what I did, leave it on the trailer and cover it up good until you start putting things together 

I don't want to leave it on the trailer.

But I can just not assemble it for now and just put the bike further forward next to my lift. It will be a pain to squeeze by. Maybe I need to loose some weight,,,lol.  I'll leave the sidecar in the back of the garage and have room to work on it over the winter and get my dog used to it. It is his after all,,,lol.

Posted : November 17, 2022 8:33 am
(@aceinsav)

all I can say is that is going to be a challenge. Good Luck and keep us posted about your progress 

Posted : November 17, 2022 8:54 am
(@calvin-watson)
Topic starter

Well it's in!  I've got about 8'' on each side right now. If I take the leg out from under the counter top I can scoot it over about a foot. So it'll be tight. But it will work,,,lol.

Posted : November 17, 2022 10:12 am
(@aceinsav)

good deal, glad it fit 

Posted : November 17, 2022 10:37 am