Daytona + 2 on a Ya...

Notifications
Clear all

Daytona + 2 on a Yamaha 2001 Roadstar

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I got a really good price on a Champion Daytona+2. It came off a 1999 Roadstar.The mounts on the car did not seem to be touched when it was removed from the bike.Am I correct in assuming that the adjustments are pretty close. The fellow I bought it from said he rode a little and it tracked straight and did not seem to be a hassle for the big Yamaha. Does anyone have any expierence with this outfit? I need all the help I can get. I have been riding for 40 years but sidecars are awhole new world for me. Thanks for any help youall can offer. Bill

Posted : August 29, 2005 5:30 am
(@claude-3563)

>>Am I correct in assuming that the adjustments are pretty close. <<

Bill,
Sounds like a great combination.If it handled well for the previous owner it would be a good idea to get him to tell you the measurements on how he had it setup. Then after you hook it up check them out. It may or may not be the same. Also, please note that a good setup for him may still not be the best setup for you. Many things come into play in working toward a personal 'sweet spot' as far as handling goes. Also..How it feels to you as a beginner may not be the ultimate setup after you gain some more experience. Don't be afraid to make adjustmets but always take a measurement of where you began so you can get back to square one if you get out of the ball park too far. A good setup for you will track straight and not wear tires excessively.

Posted : August 29, 2005 5:50 am