Notifications
Clear all

Change Velorex 700 body to ?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Toyman)
Topic starter

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1977 Guzzi T-3 850 with a Velorex 700 sidecar. I do not like the styling of the Velorex 700 and would rather have something more attractive and still be comfortable.

The main reason I'm considering this bike and sidecar is for my girlfriend to be able to transport our German Shepherd in it but also have the option to put a person comfortably in it as well.

What could be readily available that would work on this sidecar chassis?

Is the Velorex 700 chassis even worth the effort to do this swap?

Posted : February 10, 2015 3:25 am
(@jaydmc)

You would be better off in the long run selling the entire Velorex sidecar and going with a stronger heavier duty sidecar. Money spent more then likely will end up the same.
No idea what bodies other then of course other Velorex bodies will fit on this chassis. This would also give you a chance to up grade the mounts as chances are it was mounted with the Velorex frame clamps which are prone to slippage.
We of course offer sidecars that come with proper bike specific NOT universal mounts and we also offer just the mounts. While I have never owned a T-3 I have owned many other Guzzi's and my wife currently owns 3, my general manager has had the same convert for over 20 years and we are life members and have been for over 20 years of the national moto guzzi club.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Posted : February 10, 2015 5:40 am
(@Hack__n)

The 700 has a flat frame and will accommodate many other narrow sidecar bodies. However sidecar bodies alone aren't that easy to find.
If it is a 2005 or later model, the fender is frame mounted. Mounting a fender on another body could be a problem with an earlier model.
A cargo box could be an option, but no passenger comfort.
I's say: " Keep it, or trade up.

Lonnie

Posted : February 10, 2015 7:57 am
(@DianneB)

I just put a Velorex 700 on my Harley FXD but the body wasn't suitable for my 100 pound Bloodhound so I built my own wooden body for it suited to the dog and cargo. It will also seat a passenger (if they aren't too wide LOL!)

Attached files

Posted : February 11, 2015 1:29 am