Joyce Canfield's Si...

Notifications
Clear all

Joyce Canfield's Sidecars in the Flint Hills: September 8-11, 2022

23 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@dirtydr)

You get that muffler fixed you can always head back up here to Hotchkiss.

Posted : September 9, 2022 2:34 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Swampfox, you could hear that rig coming all the way to next Tuesday. A new SuperTrapp muffler is on order.

As the motor ran hotter and hotter later in the day, the noise became louder and louder, popping and cracking. Sounded like a war zone.  Though I wore foam plugs, two days later my ears are still ringing.  Was worried about burning a hole in a piston. 

Ordered new E3 sparkplugs as am sure the current plugs are well fouled by now.

Warthog is up on the lift waiting for parts and attention.

Posted : September 10, 2022 6:17 am
(@david-christy)

Christy is taking pictures, will make sure the get shared via Jerry

Posted : September 10, 2022 10:03 am
(@david-christy)

at the “show and shine” aka the wet and drip!

the BMW on the left side was the winner !!

Posted : September 10, 2022 10:51 am
(@deanh)

Like always, this was a fun rally and a family reunion where we not only see old friends but welcome new ones!

A touch of memorable - or forgettable - weather depending on your outlook but a fun group ride, good little adventure on the train and great times at the campground.  Good food, good music, great company...;)

Thanks to Jim & Bud for organizing and all the unsung heroes who help out here and there to make this a success year after year.

Looking forward to the photos that come out of it and hoping everyone made it home safe and sound.

See you on down the trail.

Happy Motorin'

Dean

Posted : September 11, 2022 2:47 pm
(@webmaster)
Admin

I have added a photo album to the website of pics taken by David and Christy Johanson. You can find it in the top menu "Sidecar Events" and then select "2022 Joyce Canfield Flint Hills Rally Photo Album". Or you can just click here to go to it. Photo Album

Click on a picture to enlarge it and start a slide show (3 second display). 

Jerry
I fly (and ride) to free my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Posted : September 12, 2022 5:39 am
(@david-christy)

This was our (Christy and David) first rally in Kansas, having recently become a JayHawk.   So welcoming, so friendly, so much fun.   We met so many people, saw so many rigs, had so many conversations.   Lots of activities to do, from the ride to the train, and of course the games in the rain.  So much food and snacks, and who doesn't love popcorn and a motorcycle movie !  

Thanks so much for all involved in setting up, and managing this rally.  Can't wait to do it again.

David and Christy

Posted : September 13, 2022 4:54 pm
(@michael-ladue)

Pictures of some of the rigs at the Flint Hills Sidecar Rally, as I attended it on my way TO Hannigan sidecars, to get my new Gen 3 Dream sidecar installed.

Posted : September 23, 2022 4:30 am
Page 2 / 2