SUN May 3
85° 60° Partly Cloudy 20%

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : April 24, 2015 2:44 am
(@kjunglide)

Thanks for the memories. Brenda and I really enjoyed our time at the gathering. It was great to meet the
group and ride with ya'll. If any of ya'll are ever down our way we would feel it an honor to put your up at our place.
If you are passing thru or want to come for a stay we have 3 small cabins and other rooms available for our friends,
both old and new ones. We are located about 35 miles east of Baton Rouge La and about 70 mile north of New Orleans.
We will be glad to show you some fine riding roads in our area and of course some great places to eat.
Again this was our first sidecar gathering and we really had a great time and look forward to attending more.
Pat and Brenda Lee
kjunglide@yahoo.com
225-202-2780

Posted : May 4, 2015 4:04 am
(@Anonymous)

Glad you could make it. Enjoyed visiting with you. One thing about this group is we eat well Have to beat Charlie to the food though.
J.R.
Se.
Tex. rep

Posted : May 4, 2015 6:33 am
(@Lloyd)

Judy and I had a great time once again, thank you to all of you that helped make it great, some of the best people to be found anywhere.

Posted : May 5, 2015 11:00 am
(@swampfox)
Topic starter

Yep, sure was a good time with good folks - and plenty to eat. We missed you Rudyr - hope things are OK. I didn't take many pics during the Muster as I was simply enjoying visiting with friends old & new - as well as reflecting after visiting the space shuttle Columbia memorial & museum. Here are a few pics just to let y'all know it really did happen:

On the ride down Friday, Jena & I, joined by our young friend Eduardo, stopped by the Carraway hardware and gift store in Logansport, Louisiana, in business since 1897:

James introduced Eduardo to the joys on sidecaring on Saturday with a brief test ride on the "Cajun Queen" - a 2003 Ural Tourist:

Jena's sidekick Raskie made his first "solo" journey to the Muster, proving himself to be an excellent sidecar monkey and companion at 11-1/2 month. Here is is waiting for his sample from the community breakfast served by the nice folks at the Liberty Springs UMC church just down the road from Holly Park:

And here's an un-official group photo as we were awaiting for a couple of more rigs to join the shoot - looks like Tripper the Basset Hound was about the only one paying any attention to me:

Lee

Posted : May 5, 2015 6:07 pm
(@dirtydr)

Looks like fun Lee, one of these years I may make it there yet.

Posted : May 6, 2015 5:02 am
(@big-al)

Peggy and I had a lot of fun, enjoyed meeting all the folks, making new friends, seeing the variety of rigs and great part of Texas (Texan's think it's all great). Most of all we appreciate the work Lee does to put this together and keep it interesting. Alan

Posted : May 6, 2015 8:37 am
 VLAD
(@vlad)

Thank you Lee. Good pictures. Do you have more of them?

Posted : May 6, 2015 8:37 am
(@swampfox)
Topic starter

Sorry, I don't have many photos this time - just didn't think to take pics at the time. I did find this one where James, Al, Eduardo & I took the "shortcut" thru the Sabine National Forest after lunch on Friday. Toledo Bend Reservoir is in the background thru the trees. This pic shows some of Al's classy R90/Ural rig with a really nice Stieb style fender with "cobra" handle:

Hmmm ... I need a new front tire.

Lee

Posted : May 6, 2015 8:06 pm
(@cleatusj)

Hmmm ... I need a new front tire.

And some mud, that thing is too clean.

Posted : May 9, 2015 5:39 pm
Page 2 / 2