19 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Are you sure? I even see duct tape being used! 😀

Posted : March 3, 2017 5:11 pm
(@Gordon-in-NC)
Topic starter

Jay, I told you I was listening to you. I've been looking closely at the Sputnik and I have to admit I like it. Has some features that would come in handy. I have to openly admit.....even though I'm not on a "tight" budget I don't own/ride any motorcycles that are worth any $$$$. Most of my stuff runs well, looks okay from 20' but is a bit ratty. So "good used" would be what I'm looking for in a sidecar for the KZ.....can't see spending more money on the chair than the tug.

Heck......I'm the guy who made saddle bags out of cheapo 16 gallon Coleman coolers as a joke and have ended up using them for years...off and on. Yea....you can't take the redneck out of a man. OR......better yet, since I was born and raised in Northern Florida....I'm considered a "Cracker".

But a good used Sputnik would fit the bill, not require any mods and look pretty good (IMO) on this bike.

Thanks for the help......Gordon in NC

"It ain't a holiday without duct tape and firearms"

Posted : March 4, 2017 4:21 am
(@Anonymous)

Gordon....you and I may be brothers from another mother! My concours leading link is about the same grade of "looking ok from 20 feet". we'll have to get together sometime soon!

Posted : March 4, 2017 4:32 am
(@Gordon-in-NC)
Topic starter

ncdave - 3/4/2017 9:32 AM

Gordon.... we'll have to get together sometime soon!

Yes we will my new friend......one good thing about having me around is.....when I park my bike next to yours....it makes your bike look SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

Working on 1998 CB250 (daughter's) tires, beads, chain and oil, 1967 BSA C25 purchased as "mostly done" but I have been working and throwing money at it for months....today is the day it "could" finally be finished except for paint for the tank and the new to me KZ1000 Police....just going over it to see what needs to be done and to wipe some of the dust off of it.......going to be a busy weekend.

Funny thing is......all I can think about is a sidecar for the Police bike......damnit.

Cheers........Gordon in NC

Posted : March 4, 2017 5:47 am
Page 2 / 2