Notifications
Clear all

1975 Watsonian Monza Sidecar $2,900 in Utah

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@scott-h)
Topic starter

Just the sidecar: 1975 Watsonian Monza Sidecar. $2,900.Β Β  Pictures show it in nice condition.Β  (price recently lowered from $3,100).

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/73966880

Image 1

Hold my keyboard and watch this! πŸ™ƒ

Posted : December 1, 2023 5:59 am
(@ned)

That DOES look very nice.Β  Interesting that the seller knows the year - 1975.Β  An identifying label somewhere?

But kind of a weird place to list it -- the online marketplace of a local TV station?Β  Not many eyeballs there.

Except now that Sheath posted it, it will get many many more eyeballs!

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : December 1, 2023 11:15 am
(@scott-h)
Topic starter

Quote from DRONE on December 1, 2023, 4:15 pm

That DOES look very nice.Β  Interesting that the seller knows the year - 1975.Β  An identifying label somewhere?

But kind of a weird place to list it -- the online marketplace of a local TV station?Β  Not many eyeballs there.

Except now that Sheath posted it, it will get many many more eyeballs!

KSL Classifieds here in northern Utah is pretty big.Β  Does better than Craigslist in the valley.Β  Less flakes, better pictures & free.Β  I've purchased quite a bit from their ads.

Posted : December 2, 2023 10:07 am
(@scott-h)
Topic starter

Dave brought up a good point.Β  KSL has a "message feature".Β  This is for people who don't want their phone or email compromised.Β  To use the system a person has to sign up on ksl.Β  They have never put my info out that I'm aware of, and don't add me to their "contact" list.Β Β  Normally if I'm responding to an ad, with "message" contact only, I'll provide my email/cell in the message.Β  Sometimes sellers will contact back through the message system or they will email/call/text.Β Β  For privacy and security I like this feature better than Craigslist.

I did sign in, and this is located in Rexburg, ID.Β  To contact the seller requires using the KSL "Message" portal, and that requires signing up.

Posted : December 2, 2023 10:21 am
(@smitty901)

It looks cool . I wonder about weight.

Posted : December 3, 2023 1:16 am
(@scott-h)
Topic starter

Quote from smitty901 on December 3, 2023, 6:16 am

Good question.Β Β  Frame doesn't seem over done, and the tub is fiberglass.Β  Would be pretty cool setup on a Triumph Bonnie.Β Β  I'm wondering what bike it is currently connected to.

BONNEVILLE T100

Posted : December 3, 2023 4:45 am
(@miles-ladue)

Quote from sheath on December 3, 2023, 9:45 am

Β  Β I'm wondering what bike it is currently connected to.

BONNEVILLE T100BONNEVILLE T100BONNEVILLE T100

Oh, the bike it is currently connected to.....is the one under the Blue TarpΒ 

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : December 3, 2023 4:49 am
(@scott-h)
Topic starter

Quote from FlyingMonkeys on December 3, 2023, 9:49 am
Quote from sheath on December 3, 2023, 9:45 am

Β  Β I'm wondering what bike it is currently connected to.

BONNEVILLE T100BONNEVILLE T100BONNEVILLE T100BONNEVILLE T100BONNEVILLE T100BONNEVILLE T100BONNEVILLE T100

Oh, the bike it is currently connected to.....is the one under the Blue TarpΒ 

ROFLOL!!!!Β  Hey man,Β  warn a guy before coming up with funny stuff like this.Β  Hazelnut coffee out the nose from laughing isn't near as good as down the wrong pipe.Β  lol

Sent a message to Timothy (seller) that I posted it here.Β  Maybe he'll stop in and respond with more details.Β 

Posted : December 3, 2023 6:12 am
(@prmurat1)

I have two Monza (BMW1200CΒ  & Thunderbird Sport) they are pretty light (=/-180lbs) and prone to lift when driven, too, fast! The stock windshield does not help for the access but my passenger is OK with it even if she has to get from the bike side (going in/out like in a fighter jet by stepping on the seat helps too. Check what kind of brake there is: drum-no use at all and a pain to use or a small disc more than OK.

Posted : December 4, 2023 5:56 am
(@scott-h)
Topic starter

Current owner responded to my message.Β  It is currently setup on an '08 Triumph Scrambler.Β  That would be a pretty cool combination. πŸ™‚Β 

Hopefully it finds a new home soon, and the new owner joins the forum here.Β  Would make someone a great early Christmas present. πŸ˜‰

Posted : December 7, 2023 4:48 am
(@scott-h)
Topic starter

Just noticed the seller has lowered the price to $2,900

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/73966880

Posted : December 30, 2023 7:46 am