Topic starter

1 WH Right Front View.JPG

The one and only WartHog

2011 Triumph Rocket III Roadster

With Mini-Mate SideCamper

Sidecar frame and antisway bar by Freedom sidecars

bike subframe and mounting by Texas Sidecars

2 WH Right rear view.JPG​

Built rugged enough to take on the world, from Deadhorse, Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, South America, and beyond. The 2300cc rig can handle it all with power to spare.

5 WH Left rear quarter view.jpeg

This one-of-a-kind three-wheel shaft-driven RV was designed and built for solo adventure travel. Boondocking when and where you want with its 100W solar panel and deep cycle battery. While the pop-up Mini-Mate double bed can sleep two, the rig only seats one on a comfortable custom saddle.

3 b WH Sidecar View.JPG

The two car batteries are isolated from each other. The bike's Optima battery is recharged while riding. The solar battery inside the camper is recharged by the solar panel mounted on the camper lid. It's ready to make morning coffee, reading at night, charging iPhone, laptop or using an electric blanket in the arctic. In an emergency, a jump from the sidecar battery can start your rig.
3 a WH Aux Fuel Tank.JPG

The over-the-top fuel carrying capacity (17.8 gallons) assures you that 400 miles with uncertain service is not to be feared if heading up to Tuk. A five-gallon aux tank gravity feeds into the main 6.3-gallon tank. An additional 6.5 gallons are carried in fuel cells on the side camper.

Running a deep tread tubeless 160/70-17 Shinko 777 rear MC tire on the OEM front wheel, a wide 225/65-16 car tire on the rear OEM wheel, and a 165/80-15 car tire on the sidecar means replacement tires can be found most anywhere in the world, including Wallyworld and Canuck Tire. The wide rear tire gives great bite on pavement or gravel.

4 WH Front Fork kick out.JPG

The EZ Steer mod to the front forks, wide handlebars, and a friction cruise lock make for effortless interstate riding when you need to be somewhere. The accurate Garmin GPS keeps you on track.

RamAir air filter and SuperTrap exhaust were mods made for low-end grunt pulling power as if you need more than its 163 ft. lbs. of torque. Doesn’t take much throttle to get moving. Throaty but not loud exhaust. Steep mountain passes are the least of your worries.

18 WH Open B&W.jpeg

Numerous mods were made to this special rig with a focus on utility not beauty, thus its name WartHog. From LED headlights, large LED tail lamps, RIGID LED driving lights, Garmin GPS, air horn, wide/ tall windshield, hand guards, highway pegs, backrest, water cell, abundant waterproof storage capacity outside the camper plus waterproof storage area inside the camper for your clothing and sleeping gear.

6 WH Cockpit View.JPG

Easy and quick two-minute setup has you inside the camper out of nasty weather for the night. A five-minute tear down the next morning puts you back on the road looking for a hot breakfast.
12 WH OPen rear view indoors.jpeg

Boondocking is quiet and easy when you are self-contained. Country churches or county parks are all within easy reach for stealth camping. Slip in, sleep, slip out the next morning, no one the wiser as you safely rest when no one knows you are even there. It is a style of multi-week sidecar travel that’s not for everyone. If you want the freedom to go when and where, at your pace, this rig can deliver.

If you want a motel every night, this setup is not for you. This beast of a rig is for the solo adventurer seeking a quiet spot for the night without worrying about motel reservations, high costs, or big-city safety while exploring distant states or provinces. Stay one night or for a week; you are self-contained.

Worried if this rig can go the distance? The sidecamper was originally on a Vstrom 1000 when it traversed the Trans-Labrador Trail when still unpaved, then up to Coldfoot, Alaska, and back down to Texas several times.

7 WH Orsaks Open display.jpeg

If things get sideways, there is a 75 ft rope and a continuous
come-along to set you straight.

10 WH Odometer.JPG

When I decided that I wanted more cruising power for interstate travel, I mounted the sidecamper to the Rocket 3. Now, its 146 HP propels it effortlessly at 80+ mph.

Currently, with <52,000 miles on the clock, this Triumph Rocket 3, with its British-designed proper steel frame, robust sub-frame, and sidecar mounts, it can take a beating.

The R3 and the Mini-Mate are a perfect match for a sidecamper rig.

9 WH Front view.JPG

How wide is it? 7.5 ft. edge to edge.

How much does it weigh? I don’t know. The engine produces so much power that it does not even know the sidecar is attached. The beast just goes.
11 WH Open writing at desk.jpeg

And, if you tire of having a sidecamper and would prefer a pull-behind MC camper, included in this sale is the original unused axle, wheels and tongue for the camper.

19 WH Camper axle, wheels, tongue.jpeg

If I tried to list all the mods made, many would be forgotten. If you want the freedom of boondocking, it's best you inspect the photos and then text or email your questions. All will be answered.

14 WH Rad SS Overflow tank.JPG

This one-of-a-kind adventure rig can be yours for $10,800. Knowledgeable sidecarists know you could not cheaply replicate this setup. A $500 deposit holds it until you can ride it home if you want to do a fly-n-ride.

Located in NW Houston, Texas

Roving96535@gmail.com

Text: (361) 813-7374 CCjon

Posted : March 6, 2024 12:06 pm
(@reardan-tom)

Beautiful, impressive outfit!! If I was only 20 years younger....

Posted : March 6, 2024 1:26 pm
(@miles-ladue)

WOW.....whatΒ  a fantasticΒ  rig.Β 

Jan, IΒ  knew youΒ  had the Warthog, but carefullyΒ  reading theΒ  entireΒ  ad/resume listed above,Β  and realizing it appearsΒ  youΒ  might beΒ  sellingΒ  it, IΒ  honestlyΒ  expected toΒ  see an asking priceΒ  aroundΒ  $ 20k.

For a low, low asking priceΒ  of only $ 10,800.00, that is a steal.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : March 6, 2024 3:44 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
Topic starter

Have priced it at what my wife thinks I have spent on it.... if she only knew what my real cost was. I keep telling her sidecars are a breakeven hobby.Β 

Am trading in my Stealth Camping merit badge for a Holiday Inn Express Frequent Flyers card. Thank for the compliments, the time has come to pass the adventure torch on to a younger sidecarist.Β 

Jan

Posted : March 6, 2024 4:26 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
Topic starter

Tom, if I was twenty years younger , it would not be for sale... I'd be heading up your way just to say Hello.Β 

Posted : March 6, 2024 4:33 pm
Thane Lewis
(@thane-lewis)

When I mentioned the price you put on it, Karen IMMEDIATELY asked if there was some kind of intent in my comment.Β  I had to inform her that the Warthog was not a two passenger conveyance.

Illegitemi non carborundum est!

Posted : March 7, 2024 3:03 am
(@reardan-tom)

Quote from CCjon on March 6, 2024, 9:33 pm

Tom, if I was twenty years younger , it would not be for sale... I'd be heading up your way just to say Hello.Β 

That would be a very good thing. You know the way! lol... The clock keeps ticking in one direction only though, dang it. Wish I'd have got some better photos when you were here but we spent nearly all the time visiting before the three of you left for Dave and Billie's to spend the night.

Posted : March 7, 2024 3:59 am
(@ned)

Gawd!Β  What a beast!Β  And for half price!Β  Miracles do happen.

I have a few questions.Β  First is, to show my ignorance, what's that thing in the attached pic?

Next, what's the track width from the outside of the sidecar tire to the outside of the pusher?

Finally, when the Mini-Mate is all folded down and closed up, is it 100% full of tent and mattress, or is there room inside there for storage of additional stuff?

Fantastic rig!

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : March 7, 2024 7:54 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
Topic starter

Drone, was waiting for someone to notice that.

The OEM plastic radiator overflow container sat in front of the new RAMAIR filter blocking the flow. Other R3 owners shared their find of this stainless inexpensive cylinder that could be mounted on the engine guard. Note the left tube has green antifreeze fluid in it, the right tube is the cylinder overflow line. Inside this cylinder are two tubes of different heights to control the antifreeze level inside. Simple and effective.Β 

This overflow cylinder is mounted behind the engine guard, protected from road debris or impact.

Another one of the little tweaks made to keep the overall rig simple yet improve overall performance.

Posted : March 9, 2024 6:53 am
(@donmitt)

Man I guess this the end of an era for sure. A fantastic price for a buyer and a genuine one of a kind.

Don

Posted : March 11, 2024 11:48 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
Topic starter

Days are warming up. Don't miss out on acquiring a one-of-a-kind adventure travel rig. Now priced at $10,8000 OBO.

Want to travel two up? Β The original passenger seat comes with the rig. Remove the aux fuel cell, install the passenger seat and you are on your way.

Want to travel with the whole family? Remove the sidecamper tub, mount it on the original axle and wheels which you get when buying the rig. Pick up a used passenger tub and tow hitch for the R3. Β Mount the new tub where the sidecamper tub was. Hitch the camper to the bike and you're set to go.

Posted : April 13, 2024 11:49 am
(@jimbosidecar)

Quote from CCjon on March 9, 2024, 11:53 am

Drone, was waiting for someone to notice that.

The OEM plastic radiator overflow container sat in front of the new RAMAIR filter blocking the flow. Other R3 owners shared their find of this stainless inexpensive cylinder that could be mounted on the engine guard. Note the left tube has green antifreeze fluid in it, the right tube is the cylinder overflow line. Inside this cylinder are two tubes of different heights to control the antifreeze level inside. Simple and effective.Β 

This overflow cylinder is mounted behind the engine guard, protected from road debris or impact.

Another one of the little tweaks made to keep the overall rig simple yet improve overall performance.

And I was thinking it was a whiskey flask all along...

Posted : April 19, 2024 7:33 pm