Notifications
Clear all

New Mexico highway 4. San Ysidro NM to Los Alamos NM

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@valkrider)
Topic starter

The Jemez Mountian Trail through the Jemez National Recreation Area.  Unbelievably picturesque and a great motorcycle road as well. Steep inclines, switchbacks and rugged landscapes.  Lucked in on it coming from the four corner area.  Highlight of our 12 day trip from Arkansas and that includes Carlesbad Caverns.  Caverns are pretty cool too.

Posted : October 13, 2018 10:24 am
 Bone
(@Bone)

Quote from Valkrider on October 13, 2018, 3:24 pm

The Jemez Mountian Trail through the Jemez National Recreation Area.  Unbelievably picturesque and a great motorcycle road as well. Steep inclines, switchbacks and rugged landscapes.  Lucked in on it coming from the four corner area.  Highlight of our 12 day trip from Arkansas and that includes Carlesbad Caverns.  Caverns are pretty cool too.

Hey Valkrider, did you check out "Shiprock" while you were pokin around in that neck of the woods? My two favorite states for exploring while on my rig is New Mexico and Utah. Check out this link for things in the western states.

http://www.americansouthwest.net/new_mexico/index.shtml

Just pick the state you want to check out and then click on "maps" and then the names with green dots are clickable. You get all kinds of info along with the gps coordinates. You might be surprised at all the things you are riding past you don't even know are there. ?  Lots of other good info on that site as well.

Posted : October 15, 2018 3:25 am
(@valkrider)
Topic starter

Thanks Bone.  That's now a bookmarked site for me.  Our intended destination was nixed after we started due to deteriorating weather forecasts there so it became a ramble westward to see what we could see and determine if sidecar travel was for us.  We did hit a few of the areas mentioned in the guide. Lots of things I liked and some I didn't and if there's another extended venture in the future for us there will be changes.

Posted : October 16, 2018 5:06 am