Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Harley or Indian

Looking for a Harley or Indian motorcycle with a sidecar, would prefer to have sidecar with a locking trunk, I like the looks of the DPNER sidecar, and the motorcycle be at least 1000cc. I am located in Eastern Washington.

Dennis P. Spokane WA USAF Retired 1996 Harley FLHTCUI with Liberty Sidecar

Good luck with your search. Hope you find something to fit the bill 

USCA # 8913

Do you mean like this one in South Carolina??

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-Harley-Davidson-ROAD+KING+CLASSIC-5024372888

FlyingMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeys

Hi Dennis,

I sent you a private message...

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
CCjon, rogersfr and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonrogersfrFlyingMonkeys
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

Well, friends, it's a done deal now. Dennis is no longer looking for an outfit. And I'm no longer the owner of my FLH/Liberty. I've ridden that bike since it was new. Had the Liberty put on when Barb quit riding with me probably 20 years or so ago now and the adventure continued. Through three sidecar sidekicks. Archie, Henry and since 2012, Petey. Petey is sleeping here on his bed here in the office of my shop right now completely oblivious to the fact that his riding days are over. My health is such that I've known for a long time my camping days were over but I thought that perhaps occassional day rides would work. Until I met Dennis and Sylvia and knew they were the right people to take the helm of my pride and joy. This rig has nearly been my identity for many years. Sold my Dyna/Spalding outfit after my truck burned a few years ago in order to replace it. But selling the FLH/Liberty truely is the end of an era. OK. 'nuff said.

Uploaded files:
MGV8, Dennis Peabody and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
MGV8Dennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeys
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

I see also that I've got credit for a whole 31 posts now. So of course, those who know me also know about the "deleted user" fiasco and back in the day when I was WA state rep for many years. And many more posts than the 31 currently showing. I'm not sure but I believe that my avatar of Petey still shows up in the "deleted user" posts as well. So you know who was on the keyboard right then....

CCjon, Thane Lewis and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonThane LewisFlyingMonkeys
Quote from Reardan Tom on January 22, 2023, 5:23 pm

Well, friends, it's a done deal now. Dennis is no longer looking for an outfit. And I'm no longer the owner of my FLH/Liberty. I've ridden that bike since it was new. Had the Liberty put on when Barb quit riding with me probably 20 years or so ago now and the adventure continued. Through three sidecar sidekicks. Archie, Henry and since 2012, Petey. Petey is sleeping here on his bed here in the office of my shop right now completely oblivious to the fact that his riding days are over. My health is such that I've known for a long time my camping days were over but I thought that perhaps occassional day rides would work. Until I met Dennis and Sylvia and knew they were the right people to take the helm of my pride and joy. This rig has nearly been my identity for many years. Sold my Dyna/Spalding outfit after my truck burned a few years ago in order to replace it. But selling the FLH/Liberty truely is the end of an era. OK. 'nuff said.

Thanks Tom I promise I will take good care of it and we will be having many fun adventures on it. Now if the weather will clear up enough so I can get it out of your shop.

MGV8, Craig and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
MGV8CraigReardan TomFlyingMonkeys
Dennis P. Spokane WA USAF Retired 1996 Harley FLHTCUI with Liberty Sidecar

That's sad news, Tom.  Ever since the first time we met up there at Toad Rock Campground, about 10 years ago I believe, I've thought of you as the "ironman" who would ride until the end of days.  At least we'll both live on in "Sit, Stay, Ride" !!

link -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4317496/

Here's a couple of pics of you and Petey in Montana from 2015 -- 

Uploaded files:
MGV8, CCjon and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
MGV8CCjonFlyingMonkeys

You sure are right about that Ned (or should I say Drone...) Of all the good friends we've made since the production of SSR, you're the only one I'd met prior to the video. And I remember our time at the Bigfoot rally in 2013 well. Also that's my favorite issue of the Sidecarist. And the only one I have a digital copy of. I thought this day would never come. Seems to me the Beatles did a song just for this occasion. "Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end...."

Uploaded files:
DRONE, CCjon and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
DRONECCjonFlyingMonkeys

I had another thought. This is a scenario that's likely to happen to Dennis and Sylvia more than once- They'll be someplace and the bike will be parked outside. Somebody is going to walk in looking for me, certain that I'm there because my bike is parked out front. I'd bet money that will happen!!

SwampFox, DRONE and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxDRONECCjonThane LewisFlyingMonkeys

Hey, Tom, thanks for posting that pdf.  I read the story smiling the whole time.  Nice of you to mention my dog and co-pilot, Kirby, who had a good time messing around with Petey that time, and then again in 2015.  And, by the way, Kirby is still alive and well just like Petey.  Carry on!

CCjon and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyingMonkeys

;You're sure welcome Drone. I know now I was wrong about Kirby's breed when I wrote that. He's Snauzer, (sp?) right?

Uploaded files:
FlyingMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeys

Half Giant Schnauzer, half Standard Poodle.  Looks more like a poodle than anything.

Just found this pic of you and me at the SSR reunion.  That's Kirby between my legs.

Also Ron, Rhonda, Regitze, and Philippe.

Uploaded files:
Sidewise, Reardan Tom and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
SidewiseReardan TomFlyingMonkeys