Notifications
Clear all

Velorex 562 fender mounting

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@johnb1953)
Topic starter

I have a 2003 Velorex 562 sidecar that I am repairing/ repainting. I am in the process of putting the fender back on and I don't remember it being bolted to the sidecar body. But on the parts diagram it looks closest to the mudguard B fender and it shows that it should be . But withΒ  the rubber body moldings there is a space between the fender and body. And when I refinished the fender you could see a wear mark on the fender where the rubber rubbed paintΒ  and fiberglass away. If I should bolt them together should I make a spacer for a better fit?. ThanksΒ  John

Posted : January 9, 2020 12:33 pm
(@smitty901)

My 563 witch is the same rig the fender is not bolted to the body. If you give me a day or so I can provide pictures for you.

https://flic.kr/p/21UMQoj

Posted : January 10, 2020 1:33 am
(@johnb1953)
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply. That does look the same as mine. I don't know how old your rig is but I don't see any wear on the fender. Mine had paint wore off and was wearing away the fiberglass on the inner (tub side) fender. That is why I am wondering if it should be bolted a little more solid.So it doesn't rub on the body molding.

Posted : January 10, 2020 7:22 am
(@smitty901)

Never know it may have been lose.Β  Check for any wear in axle bushing Ect.Β  Mine is a 2014 build , but they don't change them much. The only difference in 563 and 562 is a slightly heavier frame and chrome bumper on front. they are a budget car so making changes to fit your needs is common. Mine has a lot of mines on it . It now has a car tire on the sidecar also

Posted : January 10, 2020 10:52 am