Notifications
Clear all

Building a new K1100LT/EML GT2

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@al-olme)
Topic starter

Not a technical discussion as of today but a good positive start. I got a call from Eurowing in Hialeah, FL [the US EML distributor] and my bike side conversion kit is ready to be shipped. It should reach Scrambler Cycle, Kevin Hahn, in Cameron, WI by next Monday.

The kit includes all the stuff to convert the bike, frame, auto wheels and tires, leading link, etc. I already have the sidecar, an EML GT2. This will be just like the rig I never should have sold only in Mystic Red this time. I have the bike and the sidecar waiting for the conversion pieces. I placed the order in May and the parts are now in Florida, ready to ship.

I'll post build pix as the project gets rolling. I hope to have the rig ready for the BMW RA rally in Harrison, AR in October.

BTW, as soon as this is done, my 1999 BMW R1100RS / Hannigan Classic rig will probably be up for sale. Unusual Tundra Green bike with sidecar matched, usual BMW comfort items [heated grips, electric windshield, full three piece luggage set] plus Stroker's rear car wheel on the bike, Claude Stanley's sway bar and Hannigan electric tilt on the sidecar. Not sure on price yet, low five figures...over $15k invested.

Posted : August 3, 2015 10:17 am
(@Anonymous)

This is good news - finally!!!

Posted : August 3, 2015 10:34 am
(@MIKEKGP)

Hello Al,

I have a 1994 K1100LT that I plan on mating with an Armec Tremola II car. Have you completed your build? Do have have pics that you can share?

Regards,

Mike

Posted : April 10, 2016 4:52 pm
(@al-olme)
Topic starter

The build is done except for a few tiny cosmetic things AND I need a new windshield... the new one I ordered was cracked when we tried to install it. No pictures yet, it's been rainy up here and we didn't want to test on the muddy roads. The rig will be at Sidecar in the Smokies and of course the USCA National in Colorado.

Mike, Where are you going to get a Tremola II? I heard the Juergen was out of business. Is there a new importer?

Posted : April 11, 2016 4:03 am
(@MIKEKGP)

I have a Tremola II that I picked up in Virginia last fall. I am located in Maine. I can text you some pics if you send your cell #.

Mike

Attached files

Posted : April 11, 2016 4:16 am
(@al-olme)
Topic starter

That will make an outstanding rig if you mount it correctly. The quality of the Tremola is top notch.

I hope you'll come to the USCA rally next year. It will be in [or near] the Finger Lakes area of NY. Of course you're welcome to come to this year's rally in Colorado if you want.

I've attached one of the progress pictures so you can get an idea of the rig. It's not sleek like your Tremola.

Attached files

Posted : April 11, 2016 9:57 am
 VLAD
(@vlad)

Good looking rig.

Posted : April 12, 2016 6:27 am