Notifications
Clear all

Auto tires on ST1100 rig

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Al-Irwin)
Topic starter

I have a 1992 Honda ST1100 with a 2005 Hannigan Conte Classic side car. The tires that are on the ST are (F) 110/80-18 and (R) 160/70-17. I would like to ascertain if there are car tires out there that will fit the existing wheels. Just as a side note, when I purchased the rig, the previous owner had installed a different size tire on the sidecar. When I noticed that the tire had rubbed into the fiberglass wheel well near the front of the well, I contacted Hannigan and that is when I learned that the wrong size tire was on the sidecar. I have corrected that and there is no problem in that area. I am just trying to find out now about the chances of changing the tires on the MC without running into unknown problems. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Al Irwin 909-631-6063

Posted : January 22, 2014 3:28 pm
(@Lloyd)

I'm sorry I can't help with your search for C/Ts for you ST1100 , all of my experience has been with Goldwings. You might try to check the darkside forum, I am sure that they have the info you are looking for. Good luck with it, let us know what you come up with.

Posted : January 22, 2014 3:57 pm
(@cleatusj)

I do not believe you will find one to fit the stock front wheel.

Posted : January 24, 2014 2:15 pm
(@Al-Irwin)
Topic starter

Sadly, I think you might be correct. I haven't had a positive response from those of the 'riding on the dark side. website either. (I keep hoping. :-))

Posted : January 24, 2014 3:01 pm