Notifications
Clear all

Sidecar for Goldwing 1800

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sfchock)
Topic starter

I just received this months issue of Wing World Magazine GWRRA and there is an article from an individual who had a set up from Hannigan. While it is about time an article was published I want to be sure I am not reading facts wrong and would like to hear from those of you who represent and manufacture sidecars in order to deliver a statement to GWRRA. The individual writes "Ok who sells sidecars?" "After searching the internet, I discover that Eurowing and Hannigan are the only ones who sell them new for the 1800 Wing." I love my Motorvation Formula 2 on my GL1100A.

Posted : April 14, 2014 6:56 am
(@jaydmc)

Many other companies also offer sidecars for the Goldwing. We do, as does Champion sidecars for which we are a dealer. For the GL1800, I purchased the first GL1800 sold to the public in the Seattle area when they first came out and used it to develop many products including at the time the Liberator sidecar, The Liberator is not on the market at this time but will be again some time in Fall. In the mean time we have several other sidecars for the GL1800. When frame issues started to become apparent on the early GL1800's we researched all of the places that the GL1800 was having frame issues and made it a point to make sure that our mounts bridged all of the places. Our mounts end up looking on the front like we simply welded mounts to the crash bars but in fact what we did was replace all of the structure under the plastic that the front crash bars attach to with stout steel parts, we then made heavy walled crash bars for the bike with the mounts on them. This allows us not to have to cut up the plastic on the GL1800 and also keeps us from having to have ugly external braces for the mounts.
You must not have searched all that hard as a google or bing search for "Motorcycle sidecar" we come up first page. A google search for Goldwing sidecar we also come up first page.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Posted : April 15, 2014 5:30 am
(@sfchock)
Topic starter

Thanks for ringing in Jay. I want to offer Wing World a reason to correct this fellows article by having as many of you folks in the business let them know that three wheels includes sidecars for the 1800. I personally enjoy my 82 rig too much to let it go for the "modern, up to date bike".

Posted : April 15, 2014 2:25 pm
(@jaydmc)

Wing world should know about us, we advertised with their publication for many years and they still contact us about once a month asking for us to advertise.
Jay G
DMC sidecars

Posted : April 16, 2014 5:09 am