Notifications
Clear all

Death Valley trip sept. 2014

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@diverdown)
Topic starter

photo deathvalley2014022_zpsd9dde92d.jpg. My camp at panimint springs Cailf. on my way to Death Valley. Sept of 2014

Posted : December 28, 2014 11:26 am
(@diverdown)
Topic starter

photo deathvalley2014011_zpsf9db4bf1.jpg I just love the desert

Posted : December 28, 2014 11:38 am
(@Anonymous)

Thanks for posting. I always wondered what Death Valley would be like for motorcycle riders. Do you have any stories or details to share as well?

I always imagined a Death Valley trip to be a hardship, and a great deal of planning would be needed to make it through safely.

Posted : January 2, 2015 7:52 pm
(@diverdown)
Topic starter

Hello thecount77. The trip to Death Valley fro me was on a whim, My wife and I were on our way back from a 12 day camping trip with the rig and I still had 15 days of time off left, As I have always wanted to go to death valley, so I went. The total mileage from my house to death valley and back was around 5500 km or 2500 miles. As I was doing this trip solo I stayed to the tourist areas of death valley and did not venture off on my own on roads that I was not familiar with. I will go back but would like to have another rider with me so I can do some of the more off road stuff. Death Valley on the main roads is just another ride on black top with lots of traffic so even if you had a problem there is always help nearby. I know some of the ural guys go there on a group ride and would like to get in on that. diverdown

Posted : January 4, 2015 10:31 am