Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Replacement Windshield for Liberty Car

I have a Liberty sidecar and the windshield is starting to show its age.  Looking for a replacement.  Any ideas? 

I would suggest contacting Pete and asking what he'd suggest.

Jesse Pereboom has reacted to this post.
Jesse Pereboom

If Pete can't help, Gustafsson Plastics has a large number of sidecar windscreen patterns and will make custom ones for a price.

Their website... http://www.bikescreen.com  

A

Big Tom has reacted to this post.
Big Tom

While the windshields we use on our sidecars are of our own design. Our classic uses the same basic body as such the entire unit could be retrofitted. People with original Harley sidecars have done so. Same would hold true with the sidecar Champion sidecars makes called the Vintage.

In the case of our sidecar two studs are bonded into the body, the windshield is supported by the apron and folds under the tonneau cover and can be removed with two thumb screws.

Liberty more then likely had their windshields molded by Cal Tech plastics as they were the only company in Washington state oven molding windshields. They were making ours. They closed about a year ago. If Pete or bikescreen.com can not help you and Pete  happens to have the mold we could make you one  with his mold or, if you screen is intact we could use it to mold another.  When Cal Tech closed we picked up our molds and as our powder coat oven does pretty much what their oven did, we moved production in house.  It would be less expensive to find some one already making this.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Jesse Pereboom
Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Thanks everyone for your help.  I am new to the forums and not sure who Pete is. 

Quote from Jesse Pereboom on December 22, 2020, 1:00 pm

Thanks everyone for your help.  I am new to the forums and not sure who Pete is. 

Pete is Pete Larsen, owner of Liberty Sidecars until he closed the shop and moved on to other things. I contacted him on your behalf  and he has nothing to offer. It looks like your best option is to have a custom windshield made.

Jesse Pereboom

Thanks for checking on my behalf. I think my next route will be to check out Gustaffson Plastics, as Al had mentioned.   Looks like they have something on their site that is for the Liberty.