Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

YOU’RE CLUB NEEDS YOU’RE HELP!

We have a number of openings but the one that I am talking about today is USCA Paraphernalia & Bookstore. Bob Davis has done a great job for a number of years but has stepped down for personal reasons. If this something you think you would like to do PLEASE contact me and I will pass your name on to the Board.

rmm4479@msn.com

What does this position entail?
Thank you

I am going to try to reply to Gail’s question with the hopes others will add what I miss.
Along with the buying, sale, and shipping we will need the volunteers needs to provide the Board is an inventory and what are the costs of that inventory and what stuff needs to sell for to make a profit or even a break even point. I'd like to require at least a quarterly report detailing what was sold and what needs reordered. It shouldn't take a lot of doing but at least some kind of status update.

I need to add one thing to the job requirements as we may set up the store online the manager would need internet.

We are still in need of help.

Hello Richard:
I have read your recent post regarding the Storekeeper position. I am sorry to hear that there has been no response. 🙁
With due respect, the job description seems a little vague, and the actual or potential duties seem unresolved. Perhaps if you were to undertake the position yourself, and setup the database and the internet sales, perfect the system, so to speak, you may have more volunteers.

Not that you have asked, but I would like to see a larger selection of products available to the membership. I have noted that there are companies - of which I have NO affiliation - who will handle sales, shipping, and put logos on practically everything from clothing, to aprons, all kinds of caps, duffle bags etc., etc. and on whatever color item you choose. The cost to USCA, or any company, is a one-time fee for reproducing/computerizing the logo. The customer (member) deals directly with the company.. ... I understand there is no way that such a service would, could, or should be offered by the USCA Store.

Wishing you success in your endeavor.
Gail

Please let me know who has the stock of items for sale and is it a big storage problem. Also who and how do you do the ordering . I might be interested in helping as I have some experience with embroidery and have some connections to get things done. 🙂

Gail,

You are right about the job description being a little vague. That is for two reasons one I do not like to be too bossy and the other is I have not done the job as you pointed out and it may come down to me taking it on so I do know.

Thanks for your in put I need a lot of help.

Well I am taking this job but there still a lot of open jobs. After the Nat Rally.

Rich
sorry but just found out the wife will need surgery this summer and it will take most of my time to get her back on her feet or I was going to take the job. Bill