Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

WTB: Sidecar Trailer

Hi all.  I am interested in buying a trailer that can haul a sidecar (either enclosed or open with a protective plate).  Please let me know if you have one that you would part with.  I have a single enclosed motorcycle trailer that I may part with if I find an enclosed sidecar hauler.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I would also specify how wide a trailer I need/want - 

Good point. Will do. The BMW R60/2 frame (R90/6 engine) and the Ural sidecar have not yet been joined, so I don’t have exact dimensions yet. I will post ASAP

I'll comment on the width of an enclosed trailer to haul your rig. The first trailer I bought, my thought was to get as narrow trailer the bike with sidecar would fit in so I could see better in the mirrors of the towing vehicle. It got frustrating trying to dismount inside the trailer and tie down. My son wanted to buy that trailer so I sold it to him and ordered an 8 1/2 foot wide. Far better. 

I don't mean it was my first trailer either. Like you I had one for single bikes, then the one that was well suited to two single bikes but not the rig, then this one. And I have an open trailer as well.

Thanks Tom.

Can you please post a picture of your trailer?  If not, can you tell me what brand and model that you chose?

All the Best,

Andy

This is my Trailer for when it is needed . Trailer weights 450 pounds . Add 100 to that for spare and tool box. With the rig loaded and strapped down tools ect still just under 2,000 pounds

Uploaded files:

Nice Rig.

Can I ask how much a trailer like that runs?  Also the make and model?

Andy

1bmwmc has reacted to this post.
1bmwmc
Quote from Andrew Hiegel on February 3, 2021, 1:45 pm

Thanks Tom.

Can you please post a picture of your trailer?  If not, can you tell me what brand and model that you chose?

All the Best,

Andy

Here's a couple. We sleep in it when we haul the bike. Poor man's RV. These might not be the best for your purposes. I'll see if I can find a better one.

Uploaded files:

Tom.

That looks like an awesome set up.  It looks like somebody got chilled up in the sidecar?  Here is a pic of my little goofball;

All the Best.

Andy

Uploaded files:
SwampFox has reacted to this post.
SwampFox

Your's looks like a great sidecar sidekick. Yes, Petey is on my bed in the photo....  My trailer makes a great poor man's RV but if we don't trailer the bike, I bought my old Kwik Kamp back for when we go on the bike. At least in the KK we're both on the bed. His age makes it a challenge for him to get up that high. A step ladder and a boost work. Had to come back and edit this... It dawns on me, Petey is not on my bed. That one is his, I'm probably sitting on mine. I had two Ikea cots in the trailer. Used to be I'd have an Ikea cot or other cot and he'd have his normal dog bed. It was his habit to take mine if I wasn't in it.

Good luck in your search and finding the perfect fit for you.

Quote from Andrew Hiegel on February 4, 2021, 7:42 am

Nice Rig.

Can I ask how much a trailer like that runs?  Also the make and model?

Andy

Bear Track. That one is a wider trail because the twin class sidecar is big. they have others not as wide tat would serve many. I have to look up the cost . it was not overly expensive. I went with it over steel due to weight. A huge difference.