Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Wives First Road Trip

For the last couple of weeks my wife has been practicing at the local high school driving range. Today I rode my bike, she rode her sidecar and we went on about a 20 mile ride around town. She did incredible .

Pavin - 4/15/2011 7:59 PM
...she rode her sidecar and we went on about a 20 mile ride around town. She did incredible .

Way to go! 🙂

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

That's fantastic. Good on ya for getting her up and running.

Thanks. She is so excited,next step is to get our dogs set up to ride with her.

Congratulations to the wife!
I just started my parking lot training on Sunday 🙂
Boyfriend giving directions and tips, it was all good.

Kep plenty of ballast in her rig, for a while anyway.

Lonnie

Lonnie, I've got 75 lbs of shot in her car right now. This past weekend we trailored south because of snow here in SLC, we rode about 250 mi in two days, for her that was her longest rides to date and she loved every minute of the rides. Her only complaint was the bike was pulling on her. I adjusted the toe in a 1/4 in and all was good, she can't wait for our next ride.

If the bike is pulling right, add more leanout not toe-in. Check the sidecar tire after a few miles and see if there is any odd wear indicating scrubbing from too much toe-in. If so, return toe-in to original setting (1/4" to 3/4") and add leanout to compensate for right pull due to road crown or wind resistance.

Lonnie

Pavin - 5/2/2011 8:11 PM

Lonnie, I've got 75 lbs of shot in her car right now. This past weekend we trailored south because of snow here in SLC, we rode about 250 mi in two days, for her that was her longest rides to date and she loved every minute of the rides. Her only complaint was the bike was pulling on her. I adjusted the toe in a 1/4 in and all was good, she can't wait for our next ride.

SLC, eh? I'm just north of you in Nibley (Logan) area, where we're even more tired of snow than the SLC folks. Give a shout if you're out and about, my wife and I are always interested in firing up the rig and going for a ride!
:^)
Best,

GTRider

We will do that for shore GTRider, it would be fun to ride with another sidecar. The Logan area is beautiful.