Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Wiring for brake and tail light on Vstar 1100 Classic

I've researched the wiring schematic for my 2007 Vstar 1100 Classic. Under the seat there is a junction box with a multitude of wires leading out. Based on the schematic, the blue wire is running light/tail light and the yellow wire is the brake light. I have a 12 volt test light which has the sharp point on one end. I thought I'd pierce each of these wires to test their function. I'm wondering if the wires from the junction box which are not solid colors in fact correspond to the schematic which indicates these wires are one color? The wires from the junction box have colored lines or dashes. Anybody have any experience with this? Early thanks, John.

It sounds like the light hookup that Bushtec supplies with there trailers and hitches. You might contact them for more info. I just took one off my bike that had a fault. I may be able to find the wiring print out.

I was able to trace the tail light wires which are in conduit and come out under the seat. I removed some of the conduit and found the two wires I needed(blue and yellow), hooked into them and we have lights. Thanks for your input. Merry Christmas...John