Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Why can't I "unsubscribe" to a thread?

I keep getting "updates" to the "How old is everyone?" thread.... I've tried everything there is in the control panel to "unsubsribe" but it will not work! The "E-mail Toggle" at the bottom of the discussion page will not function either.

HOW DO I STOP THESE UPDATES!!!! I'm becoming a little annoyed with having to delete them.

And why is it just this one thread?

When you post in a thread it thinks you want to be updated. Have you tried checking the box under your email address that says "Do you wish to opt-out of e-mailed system newsletters and updates? You probably aren't really subscribed to the thread. Let me know if it works.

Joyce - 9/3/2010 7:39 PM

When you post in a thread it thinks you want to be updated. Have you tried checking the box under your email address that says "Do you wish to opt-out of e-mailed system newsletters and updates? You probably aren't really subscribed to the thread. Let me know if it works.

Okay, I clicked on the mass unsubscribe line. Now I guess I wait to see if it worked

Phelonius

My email is still being cluttered by these notices.
Do I have to quit the site entirely to get them to stop?

Phelonius

I AM STILL GETTING THESE RIDICULOUS "UPDATES".... HOW DO I MAKE THEM STOP?

I KNOW.. .. .

HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE?

Go to your settings and about half way down the bottom of the page is a setting for Receive e-mail notifications by default? That setting is probably set to use default BBS settings. Change that to NO and you should have stopped the notifications.

>> Go to your settings and about half way down the bottom of the page is a setting for Receive e-mail notifications by default? That setting is probably set to use default BBS settings. Change that to NO and you should have stopped the notifications. <<

Joyce, I have checked the "Do you wish to opt-out of e-mailed system newsletters and updates?" box three separate times and closed my browser each time. I removed my e-ail address.

I STILL KEEP GETTING THESE UPATES!!! Two this morning!! ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

BTW, the radio button at the lower right that allows one to toggle allows one to toggle "TO RECEIVE" but not to "NOT RECEIVE" updates and notifications.

The "Wish to" option is UNCHECKED on "My Settings"

In addition: none of these features seem to work either.

Unsubscribe from threads
Mass subscribe / unsubscribe to forums
Add / Edit Ignore List

Any other suggestions?

If not, how do I discontinue membership on this site? (that probably won't work either, but it's worth a try, nothing else seems to work).