Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Which Hack

I like my rig. But as is usually the case I think I might like something else better. So here is a question for ya'll; if you could have any hack but only one hack and no other motorcycles of any kind, what combination would you choose?

No question about it. A 2006 1800cc Wing with a two place Hannigan.

But I'd rather split the money and have a 1500 Wing with a smaller Hannigan for Sunday go-to-meeting AND a Valkyrie/Ural for everyday playing in traffic.

A twin engined tubo charged hyabusa rig with center hub steering and some big tires on it of course 🙂

Hmmmmm, what kind of hack am I going to hang on my Triumph Speed Triple????

Big daul sport bikes like the GS rigs we have in the dual sport section of our web site are nice if you can only have one bike. If it is going to be a long distance bike I would go with a GL1800 or BMW K1200LT with one of our Liberator sidecars with sidecar steering.
Jay Giese
Daunltess Motors Corporation
http://www.mysidecar.com
866-638-1793

I think my ideal rig would be an R67/2 with a Stoye.

Tastes are different around here- huh?

I'd probably go with a 1200 Bandit and a sidecar of my own design and build.

Honda 1500 Valkyrie and...the sidecar shown below!!

Piero

So many rigs, so little time.

I really like the dual sport rigs.

Gotta talk the wife into another hack.

She loves the one we have.

Thanks for the feed back.

I see from your profile under intrests that you could be described as a left brain person. I'm curious why an an analitical person would be intrested in an asymetrical and some what illogical contraption.
To answer your question, I don't see why you would limit yourself to just one rig. You wouldn't play golf with just a putter, would you?
I have a Honda GL650 with a Dneper sidecar, which makes a great around town vehicle. It's a little weak at freeway speeds, and doesn't have enough suspension travel for dirt roads.
For my purposes, I need at least 3 sidecars. One traditional rig for around town, one high performance rig for tearing it up, and one backcountry rig for all the dirt roads in Idaho.
I can dream can't I?

Though I've owned only one, I still like it more every day. An 1800 GoldWing and a Hannigan with the removable hard-top. Huge trunk, doesn't "fly" too easily, and looks WAY COOL!

While new to the scene, I think I would like one of those new Ural bikes with the retro look and the two drive tires to I could go into the woods more and get away from the cars. I don't like highway rides much. I have a car for that. Sidecaring to me is for the outdoor experience. Or maybe one of those wild BMW dualsports with somekind of 4x4 sidecar to match.
Whatever it is it has to be used and beat up, so I can use that baby and not feel bad about trading paint with a tree or rock.

Graham

Originally written by WannabeHackN on 4/26/2006 7:47 PM
Whatever it is it has to be used and beat up, so I can use that baby and not feel bad about trading paint with a tree or rock.

Graham

Reminds me of advice given when I was looking to purchase my then six year old son his first motorcycle. The salesman suggested that I not by a new bike, but rather one that had been through a war. "Momma is much less likely to see one more dent". :0) We found him an old GT80 and he spent two years terrozizing the local fauna in the surrounding farm fields. By the time he was 8 and got his brand new YZ80, Momma no longer saw the motorcycle as an accident waiting to happen.

Well, my tug would remain the same, an R69S, but I sure like those Dunas. Look like a rocket ride you put 25 cents into in front of the grocery store. That would be the only way I'd part with my old Velorex.
Regds,
Jim

For me the Zundapp KS750 ( nickname : The green elephant ) is one of the best and most beautiful sidecar ever build although the purpose it was designed for was not the best one ( Its also know as ´´wehrmachtgespann´´, the motor whith sidecar from the german army during the second world war ).
Yes, I think that should be te one painted black, yellow or red.

Greetings,

Ingmar

This is easy for me--BMW K100RS full EML rig. And I'd want an extra set of rims with Blizzaks mounted for Winter riding.
-K

Kevin Kocur, Minneapolis