Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

wheelchair accessable sidecar

I am looking for the group that assists wheelchair riders in
getting a chair rig. Any reference or other assistance will be appreciated.
I have seen a group some where but I cannot remember where. I am trying to help yard maintenance mechanic who is now wheelchair bound.

Thanks, Jon Thornton ikhose62

Try this site http://www.ama-cycle.org/roadride/DISBresourcelistings.asp I think that you might be able to find some information there to help.

Hey, thanks. My guy says he really wants to get back on the road. He sure misses the ride he used to have. Jon

Not a problem. I spent a few years in a chair myself. Now back on two legs (one my own and the other shiny metal) and riding daily. Good luck to your friend and hope he is in the wind soon.

MC

If he needs one built give me a call at 970 241 1325 or email me titan@onlycomputers

Hey the good parts are that you're riding again, and you won't burn that leg on the exhaust pipe. Just about everyone I know who rides has at least one of those oval scars on the back of the calf, ya know. I have several and a few on my forearms from reaching around..Yeeeeeow. Jon

Your right!! It did get rid of some ugly scars but at least before I didn't rust when I rode in the rain. One other thing is now when I get on a bike with a back rest I can just push the button at the knee joint rotate the whole lower section of the leg straight up slide over the seat and drop the leg into place without racking my ankle on the rest. One other bad thing is I have to be careful not to get my boot to close to the exhaust and set myself on fire.

I've helped several riders with sidecars and trikes. Hand controls to run both front and rear brake is pretty straight forward. Follow this link for a few photo's of the bracket I made for Tony's trike to run the triple disc brakes with hand control.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/152868/message/1187749992/UPdate+on+Tony+and+his+trike

I made an extra one of those brackets if anyone needs one, drop me a note.

Thanks for the reference. Will let
Goug know and show him on shop PC.
Say, there, that's a fierce buncha teeth on your hack! Jon