Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

What sidecars are good for

This morning I rode out to do some exploring of backroads, Meaning the kind of stuff the bashes the bottom out of 4WDS. I went down to some remote seaside places that I liked and took long, (for me ) walks for therapy exercise to try out the twin canes I had just made for this purpose. As I was headed home through Kapa'au, I saw some professional photography being done so I stopped to watch.
The head photographer came up to me and asked if he could take some photos of my sidecar rig. Mind you this was the Ural pulled by the DR650 that had been going through mud holes a few minutes before. I said sure and asked did he want static or in motion? He thought about this a bit and asked if I knew a photogenic road where he could photograph some ladies in the sidecar. I said yes but the machine and myself were dirty. He said that added character. He said he would put one of the models in the hack and for me to lead them to the road.
At this time a stunningly beautiful 6 foot tall Japanese model introduced herself as "Tia" and climbed into the Ural and made herself comfortable. Her partner Jun introduced herself and we were off to the shoot local.
The Photographer set himself up in back of an SUV with tyhe tailgate lifted to the max and lighting attached. He told me to ride 3 yards away from the SUV and he would shoot on the fly. The girl would rise up on to her knees in the sidecar and pose in different positions while I piloted keeping the interval requested. Then she stood up and posed for a few more. They had me close the interval and position off the SUVs port quarter for some more shots. This created a few tense moments as I had to occasionally dodge oncoming traffic. When it was all done, Jun traded places with kia in the side car for the ride back into town. I was invited to lunch with the crew and the oh so pretty girls and they said they would send me some copy of the photos Email. I got hugs from the girls and we parted company.
Life is tough in these islands sometimes. I said sometimes.

included are a couple of snapshots from my camera before we began the work.

Phelonius

Some guys seem to have all the fun. Thanks for being such a gracious representative for us sidecar folks. 🙂 P.S. I edited the img codes for the pics.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Wonderful fate and the knowledge to take advantage of it 😉
I am delightfully jealous of your adventure with those beautiful women! 🙂

Am I jealous you bet
i will have to let my rig get dirty an maybe a beard will help

Dear Penthouse,
I was minding my own business, out for a Sunday drive in the sidecar, when....

LOL-Lucky Bastidge!

😉

Hey Phel......great pics.....when does the next boat leave for where ever you are???..... it looks tropical??...excuse my ignorance....are the canes for knee or hip problems?????

Mike.........( aka...tin knees by my grandkids )

Greater metropolitan down Hawi, the loop area. Google it on the map in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
20.24 N. latitude 155.83 E. longitude
Damn oranges falling on my roof again.

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2010/10/28/bikepics-2088076-full.jpg

Phelonius

BTW the canes are because my legs are dying from under me due to neuropathy.
Google pernicious anemia.

Okay, I'll try once more.

These are my beauty and the beast photos.

Phelonius

Great stuff! Must have been a day to remember. Beautiful young lady!
Hey... how come you didn't get a wardrobe change or two?

I try to get to Kauai every other year to warm my core in the tropical sun.

Don in Nipomo

Oh good grief.

That stuff never happens to me. You lucky dog.

Allthough I live in tropìcal range too (10ºN, 84ºW) I have one miss-grieve:
The day my rig entered into the family I had to promise "not to take women other then family members as passengers".
Any how my sisters saying helps me over it:"you pick up your appetite on the street, but eat home".
Enjoy life, its way better then TV.
Sven