USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What makes a good Nat Rally

1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? YES
2. How many? 2
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. LESS THAN 1,000 MI., BUT I'VE DONE 2,000 TO ONE AND 600 TO THE OTHER.
4. How much will you pay? $50
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? CAMARADERIE WITH LIKE-MINDED RIDERS. INTERESTING PLACES NEARBY. RIDING INFO FOR THE AREA. MEETING MANUFACTURERS IS GOOD. TOPICAL PRESENTATIONS APPRECIATED. NICEST TO BE AT A FACILITY THAT PROVIDES A LODGE IN ADDITION TO CAMPING (MARINE CORPS GAVE ME ENOUGH OF THAT).
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. SUMMER

1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? YES
2. How many? 1 USCA, 5 BMW MOA, 1 BMW RA, 2 BMW local chapters
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. Crossed the country in 2013> VT to OR. Would do it again if the rally was in an interesting place
4. How much will you pay? $75 - A lot of effort goes into organizing a rally
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? Meeting new people, socializing my dog, checking out other custom rigs and getting ideas.
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. Anytime with good weather. Heat is a show stopper. So are tornados and biting insects. Would prefer when the rug rats are in school so the roads and campgrounds are less crowded. And unlike brownie, the Marine Corps left me with a lifelong enjoyment of camping. Semper fi! 🙂

"And unlike brownie, the Marine Corps left me with a lifelong enjoyment of camping. Semper fi! "

Bet you don't still use shelter halves though! Semper Fi!

1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? Yes
2. How many? 2
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. No limit
4. How much will you pay? $75. Wish there were day passes for relatives. $20-25 would be reasonable
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? Vendors and meeting people
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. No matter. I'm retired!

Marine By Choice - 9/1/2014 1:19 AM

"And unlike brownie, the Marine Corps left me with a lifelong enjoyment of camping. Semper fi! "

Bet you don't still use shelter halves though! Semper Fi!

You got me there, Keith!

1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? = Not a USCA Rally. Have been to other 'events', Sturgis Rally, Daytona Bike Week, Freedom Rally (in Iowa), etc...
2. How many? = Many
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. = No limits.
4. How much will you pay? = Undetermined.
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? = Good Clean "family" type gatherings.
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. = Summer, so I can take my Son with me 🙂

Jim Nisley
Charlotte NC USA

'07 Yamaha Royal Star Venture with California FS II
CSC FS II added May 2013 (my 1st)
Ref: YouTube - "July 25, 2013 ˜ ±2,800 mile round trip w/Sidecar and 2-kids"

Attached files

1-yes
2-2
3-cost as reasonable as possible, $50-60 sounds good
4-meeting others & putting faces to names, gaining info & insight from others more knowledgeable then me
5-late spring or summer

our biggest problem is that our calendar fills up way in advance, causing us to do a lot of long range planning.
So as much advance notice on the dates and location as possible helps us.

1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? not yet, I hope this will be our first of many
2. How many? 0
3. How far will you go to a rally? no limit as of yet
4. How much will you pay? case by case basis, depends on venders and such but 30.00 to 50.00 sounds about right
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? = Good Clean "family" type gatherings. ( to use Jim's phrase) seeing other rigs and meeting like minded people, and visiting other parts of our great United States
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. spring to early summer, but I have camped in 20 deg. weather in the mountains a few times so we are flexible

Hey; Guess what? People are what makes a great rally. Rally host try to have something for every one. Some ,like me, do more visiting with old and new friends. Some like a long group ride. Some like the games,either as entered or watchers. You get the idea. Come and enjoy what ever you like,just come. Host are volunteers and they put in a lot of time trying to suit you. Will and Harold are planning a great rally in some of the most beautiful riding areas around. All the effort is wasted if YOU don't show up.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. Rep.

Hi Ace:
I have to jump in here and thank J.R. for the kind words. I may not get a lot of riding done during the rally because of being rally chair/host but I will enjoy hanging around with J.R. and Avanelle and swapping tall tales. We will have the privilege of sharing the venue with the Black Hills Bluegrass Festival so if you are into Bluegrass Music you are in for a treat. We have a volunteer in charge of rides. We will have guided rides and self guided rides. We are planning to visit Mt. Rushmore ($11 fee). We are close to Devils Tower and The Badlands. These places are all connected with roads through some of the best scenery you can imagine. (Again - I am prejudiced) You can even ride through a buffalo herd if you are brave. Custer State Park ($10 fee) has a wildlife loop that is one our favorite rides both in the tin box and on the rig. Really - if you ride slowly through the herd of buffalo (and have quiet mufflers) the buffalo just ignore you. (During the Sturgis rally they herd moves out of range of the loud Harleys and you don't see them.)