USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What makes a good Nat Rally

Will I think I would do a little summing up here. BUT PLEASE DO NOT STOP REPLYING I will update.

Number of people replying 9 of them 7 have been to 1 or more Nat Rallies with an average of 5.21. The average number of miles willing to travel 837.5 and pay $54.37. The biggest things people like about rallies were people, friends old and new, but also the games and enjoying local area. The best time spring got 3 votes and summer got 6.

BUT PLEASE DO NOT STOP REPLYING I will update.

Thanks Richard number one for posting this and number two for your summary. The info is very helpful for next years rally planning (going on as we speak).

Come on people 430 hits on this message and only 9 of us have been to a rally?? The people that put these things on need your feedback, good or bad.

I have attended 3 nationals 300 miles to 1100 miles. 300 miles to Arkansas because it was only a short day in the heat, 1100 miles to Idaho because it was a comfortable 2 1/2 day ride.

Other Rallies were 5 butterflys because it was a good way to begin the riding season. 4 Flint hills rallies because it was the end of the season. Several BMWMOA nationals and regionals. I do not plan my life around rallies. Having said that I usually plan several months ahead of time for at least one rally a year.

I would pay $50

I enjoy the people, looking at other rigs and venders. (that has not applies to USCA rallies) I usually try to plan the ride to and from to include other scenic rides or arrive a little early to check out local rides. I enjoy the games as a spectator.

I think that rally time depends on location. Choose the part of the summer that is the most comfortable and make the announcement as early as possible.

1. Have you been to a Nat Rally?
Yes.

2. How many?
Americade 10 years in a row. Will be to Sturgis next week.

3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles.
Sturgis is going to be 1100 miles in the saddle (1,400 miles towing). But 500 / 750 is more ideal.

4. How much will you pay?
Really depends on what's included. Demo rides and the huge vendor section at Americade made it worth $75 to me.

5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you?
Bikes, bikes, bikes. I like being around them, seeing interesting things people have done to them. And being away from everything else.

6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc.
Indifferent.

Will I think I would do a little summing up here. BUT PLEASE DO NOT STOP REPLYING I will update.

Number of people replying 11 of them 9 have been to 1 or more Nat Rallies with an average of 5.5. The average number of miles willing to travel 802.5 and pay $56. The biggest things people like about rallies were people, friends old and new, but also the games and enjoying local area. The best time spring got 3 votes and summer got 7.

BUT PLEASE DO NOT STOP REPLYING I will update.

As of 8/5/2014

And it seemed to me you're referring to USCA National rallies attended, not other rallies that garner national attendance and attention... Right Richard?

Tom Wells aka Reardan Tom

Yes but it is good to know what kind of rallies pepole make.

1. Yes
2. 6
3. Unlimited
4. Up to $75.00
5. The trip there.

6. Any time.

1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? Yes
2. How many? 5
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. 1000-1200
4. How much will you pay? 30-40
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? People, bikes, places to see...
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. Late spring, early fall.