USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What kind of fuel to use in my 2006 Ural Tourist?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum as of today. I just retired for the Dept. of National Defense on great Vancouver Island. The day I retired I bought a beautiful (and I mean beautiful) 2006 Ural Tourist with 7400 miles on it. The guy who sold it to me said just burn regular gas in it. I contacted a Ural dealer and he said burn high test (91 octane). Which is it?

Low compression, low stressed motor, I'd use regular.

In Russia people used 76 and even 72 octane fuel for Urals and Dneprs. Regular gas is 87.

Thank you all. Regular gas it is.

as long as it smells it works. just as with my 1960 Willies Stationwagon.
When it doesn't want to start a little thinner into the air filter and it will work...

Had a friend who put diesel in his 1934 Studebaker. It smoked like hell, but it ran.

Lonnie

I had friends in Kodiak who ran salad oil they'd pilfered from the galley in the crankcase of their old Dodge. Smelled like burning peanut butter but it served the purpose...

Tom Wells aka Reardan Tom

My old farmall cub can run on 62 octain according to the owners manual. I hope gas never gets that bad....

I would suggest using 91 octane. I used to own many Dneprs and the motors in the newer ones have higher compression. From my experience I can assure you - it will not hurt burning higher octane gas in a lower compression motor.
BTW, octane methods in Russia are different from US. Here we have 93 highest and 87 - regular, in Russia 92 is regular, 98 - high. Some gas stations even sell 100 octane. 72 octane is gone years and years ago...

Is the .60 difference in the 4 gallons killing you?